Team Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder

FREE EARL

Didn't see one, so I thought I'd create an official OKC Thunder thread.

So far we're 1-0 with a win over Chicago.

Tonight we're playing Detroit on FSD. Right now it's 16-14 OKC.

Decent win tonight. Probably should've lost though. Durant needs to play better, and the entire team needs to start dropping jumpers. We're lucky to be 2-0 right now. But, we'll get better, I'm not too worried about it.

With that said, Ibaka is looking good so far this season. He needs to work on his post game, but he's been fairly good thus far.

Looks like the Jazz finally got the memo that the season has started.

Matched up against the Clippers tonight. Hopefully we'll come out with a win.

Scott Brooks needs to get his act together. Cut back Jeff Greens minutes at the 4, and give Ibaka more minutes. The team plays much better when he's on the court, and Jeff gets abused down low. Also, James Harden needs more minutes. He'll never develop as a player riding the pine, especially when he has more potential than the man in front of him.

And Kevin Durant needs to stop taking so many jump shots. Sometimes you have to go hard at the rack. You can't settle for a 20ft jumper every time down the court. Get big.

Last edited:
Great win tonight for the young guys. We have a lot to work on though. I still think KD is sleep walking early on though, but it's good, he'll continue to get better as the season stretches on(Go at the rack KD). Ibaka needs more minutes, dude is a difference maker, but even still we need to go after another big. Hell, sign Greg Oden at seasons end, just get a big man in there.

The defense needs to get better, and we have to start getting easy buckets. Westbrook and Durant, I'm looking at you. Go at the rim. When a big steps out on the perimeter, dribble drive, penetrate, go at the rim. You don't have to settle for a jumper every trip down.

James Hardin needs more minutes. He's getting better on defense, and he can score. Also, play Cole A. He's an asset on the boards and he knows how to set a screen.

Cut back Jeff Greens minutes. Yes, he can score, but he continually gets abused playing the 4, and it hurts us on the boards.(Yes, I can rhyme)

But, I'm happy we came out with the win though.

Edit: I can't believe how close we were to landing Griffin. Heartbreaking...

Last edited:
Durants and Westbrook are beasts. Durant went off late, and Westbrook was great throughout the entire game. Ibaka is progressing, which I'm happy with. Trade Green for a big man and we're good.

Listening to games by radio here in Oklahoma while commuting to work isn't bad, Durant loves to play the game.

Love it...Season Tix holder in Loud City, Section 323...We gotta bring the D...Hell of an effort in Utah this week...Going to shut down the Rockets tonight to get a little Mo' for the upcoming Road Swing! Go THUNDER!

Disagree on Green....Its Kristic that is killing us, he plays soft...I call him "Charmin"

Disagree on Green....Its Kristic that is killing us, he plays soft...I call him "Charmin"

Green needs to be traded for a big. We have 2 scorers, we don't need a third. Plus, there's Harden, who'll also develop into a solid scorer.

I'm proud of the Thunder right now. Playing way above their heads. Ibaka is steadily progressing, and given a year or two more, he'll be the Thunders version of Joakim Noah. Albeit, more talented, and possibly even better.

The basketball gods smiled upon OKC tonight. How the team came out with the win after that terrible 4th quarter is beyond me. Durant, get back fast. The team needs a scorer.

IMHO Blake Griffin is the forward needed for the title.

Indeed, but we all know that isn't going to happen. Pray Ibaka continues to emerge and either draft, or sign a potential elite big. Hell, I'd be giddy if we were able to sign Oden or something.

In other news, Dwight's contract is up after this season. :birgits_giggle:

BIG MAN? See Tyson Chandler...he lit us up for 16 pts and 17 rebounds when Dallas came to town...I would say no way he is pissed about the trade that was vetoed 2 seasons ago...yea that nagging toe is really holding him down...

Roy Hibbert schooled Serge last night...Serge has great potential but showed last night he still has much to learn on the defensive side of the ball. The growth he has shown on both sides are amazing though and his potential is unlimited. Kristic being out hurt zero against the Pacers...The Collison deal being front loaded is writing on the wall...Presti will match any offer made to Green in the off season...

I wish we would make a move for Kevin Love...for some reason he is in the doghouse with Rambis...I say ship him to OKC...I love that guys game, he is a rebounding machine and smoooooth touch for a Big on the 3 pointer.

VN Store

Back