The Orlando Magic Thread

XtennesseeX

Premium Member
Since this is draft night, 2010 - It's time for a Magic thread.

What moves do you see Orlando making this off-season?

A lot of rumors pertaining Gilbert Arenas possibly to Orlando. However, it doesn't seem to have legs.

Not sure Orlando would want that kind of baggage. They have a great PG already anyway.

Now it's looking like the Magic might have interest in reacquiring Turkoglu by trading away VC. Either way, it's looking like Vince Carter won't be in Orlando much longer.

Vince Carter is still here, Daniel Orton has looked horrible, and we picked up Chris Duhon as a backup PG. Add to that, the Miami Heat just retained Dwyane Wade - and picked up LeBron James, and Chris Bosh.

That should make for an interesting State of Florida rivalry between the Heat and Magic.

The Orlando Magic introduced their newly signed backup point guard Chris Duhon on Thursday in a news conference at RDV Sportsplex.

Duhon, who wore a suit for the occasion, said he looked forward to playing in Orlando's system and fighting for a championship.

"I just like the system," Duhon said. "I've been around a lot of pick-and-rolls. It's easy to have a guy like Dwight [Howard] in the middle. It kind of opens up the floor for a lot of guys. With coach [Stan] Van Gundy, a guy that stresses defense, I think that's one of my biggest strengths."

The Magic began courting Duhon in 2008. Duhon chose the Knicks, instead, and an opportunity to start. He started in New York, though briefly lost his starting spot to rookie Toney Douglas.

"The thing I liked most about him two years ago is the thing that he slid backwards on," Magic General Manager Otis Smith said. "Two years ago he was a better defender than he was with D'Antoni. I think it's more a product of the system. He's a capable defender. One of the things we needed to improve on our team was the passing, so those things I like about him. He's a solid basketball player for our program."

Magic introduce backup PG Chris Duhon - OrlandoSentinel.com

News of the off-season? Apparently Dwight Howard is wanting $500,000,000 from his ex.

TMZ has obtained legal docs filed by the Orlando Magic star in Orange County, Florida, in which he claims his baby mama Royce Reed -- who stars on VH1's "Basketball Wives" -- leaked dirt about him to the media at least 11 times ... thus violating a 2009 gag order.

In the docs, Howard explains that if the leaked stories reached 1,000,000 people -- a safe estimate given that the stories were posted all over the Internet -- the damages should add up to $500,500,000 based on the terms of their previous agreement.

A rep for Reed denies any wrongdoing -- telling TMZ the leaked info originated from legal documents ... which is "immune to any agreement made by the parties."

Strange.

I'm excited about this season. It has potential. If Richardson can dominate then we are back in the finals.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm excited about this season. It has potential. If Richardson can dominate then we are back in the finals.

I really like Orlando's chances in the East this season. With Gortat, Brandon Bass, and Dwight Howard playing against teams down low, I fully expect Orlando to be able to play with teams like Boston in the playoffs a lot better than years past.

The Magic need Howard to attempt more shots this season and all signs from the off-season show they're going to try and get him to do just that.

18 minutes until the season opener against the Wizards. Looking forward to a great season, and hopefully another chance at the Finals for Orlando.

Is it too early to start wondering who the Wizards will take with another possible #1 overall pick?

No. Is it too early to look at this garbage tech business as a fail? Jason Williams tossed for calmly talking to a ref. Lol joke.

No. Is it too early to look at this garbage tech business as a fail? Jason Williams tossed for calmly talking to a ref. Lol joke.

Yeah, that was stupid.

That said, a nice opening blowout win tonight against the Wizards. Looking forward to a big game against the Heat tomorrow night.

Dudes have been getting t'd up at the drop of a hat this season. Watch a few games, it's crazy.

Howards post game looks much improved. It seems those summer workouts with the Dream have been useful.

A sad effort by Orlando. I think the Heat are good, but the Magic made them look a little better than they are at this point. Hopefully Orlando does better in one of their next three meetings against Miami.

Orlando's game tonight against the Knickerbockers has been postponed due to asbestos-related issues at MSG.

bump

Magic improve to 10-4 with a win over Miami.

The Heat have now lost 3 consecutive games and 6 of the last 10.

Orlando drops to 15-7 with a three game losing streak.

A half game above Miami, and three games back from Boston.

Utah is tomorrow and the Magic have seven games until the showdown on Christmas day against Boston.

The Magic have went from being tied with Boston for the lead in the east, to losing 5 of 6 games and being in third behind Boston and Miami. Thankfully the west coast road trip is over...

Dwight Howard speaking up:

Stan Van Gundy was obviously frustrated with the matador defense. Also frustraded, Dwight Howard. After the game, he was pretty honest with reporters.

“We’ve got to play defense,” Howard said. “That’s it. It’s got to be everybody. Our wings got to do a better job not allowing their man just to get to the rim every play. It puts a lot of pressure on the bigs. It’s hard for the big guys to really help like we want when a guy takes one dribble and he’s at the rim. It’s very tough.

“I like blocking shots, but if a guy is one dribble in and the ball’s up, and I’m over on the other side, I can’t fly over there. I don’t have a cape in real life.”

VN Store

Back