Pawn Stars..

Volfan_TrappedN_KY

I'm very addicted to this show.
The old man is funny as crap.
So is Chunlee.

I like it when people bring in some Junk and Rick crushes their feelings when they wont get 5000k for a typewriter just because it has sentimental value to them.

It's pretty realistic, lot of people think just cuz something is old its an antique and worth a lot of money.

I'm amazed at how much those old Coke Machines and Gas Pumps go for once they are re furbished.

ya i'm addicted to the show as well. glad to see the new season about to start. that gas pump was really nice when it was fixed up

You know how they present them to be some kind of bad asses in the intro, with the all black, and sun glasses, arms crossed ect ect......then when you watch the show, all three of em are funny as hell and mostly nice guys......I found that interesting. Anyhow, Im addicted to it too now. Just thought that was funny.

So.... it's a tv show..... about pawning things......at a pawn shop.

Brilliant! :flush:

as opposed to a plastic, cigar smoking dog puppet?

yeah, Pawn Stars is definitely brilliant

Its actually pretty darn educational. I majored in History when I did actually attend college.

Its funny as heck to.

There is a girl who works there "Peaches" who has that good Skank appeal.

great show
last night was awesome

guy pulls up with a '65 Shelby Mustang frame on a flatbed..Just the frame and body, no transmission, engine or wheels..

A storage unit actually had him pick it up and haul it away, due to unpaid storage fees.

Turns out it was an original frame that had never been finshed, worth $60,000

The old man offereed him 30,000 in cash, "hundred dollars bills"

Then they spent about another $60,000 getting it restored with paint, interior, motor and transmission

Took to the Vegas track when it was finshed, for a test drive

It turned out awesome

Very interesting show. It's amazing how much weird stuff they get. Sounds like the worst concept of a show ever, just filming a pawn shop, but its actually very entertaining.

those guys know a lot about anything to. I guess you got to with all the crap that people try to bring in and sell

great show
last night was awesome

guy pulls up with a '65 Shelby Mustang frame on a flatbed..Just the frame and body, no transmission, engine or wheels..

A storage unit actually had him pick it up and haul it away, due to unpaid storage fees.

Turns out it was an original frame that had never been finshed, worth $60,000

The old man offereed him 30,000 in cash, "hundred dollars bills"

Then they spent about another $60,000 getting it restored with paint, interior, motor and transmission

Took to the Vegas track when it was finshed, for a test drive

It turned out awesome

that was the first episode I saw and now I am hooked.

You just like to show off to people on an internet message board. Your posts are so vague of course you are going to be right. Congrats on boosting your e-status.

I would like to show you how i dont give a ____ about an E-Status, but I do get some entertainment out of being able to view this board.

Back to thread topic.

Went into this pawn shop about two months ago. It is called the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop. It is located near Fremont Street, where the old happening part of the strip once was. I love it down that way. Anyhow, I went in with gfriend just for kicks. We have both seen the show and thought we should check it out. I brought along an old Rickenbacker guitar that I do not play much at all, just to see if we could do some business as well.
Anyway, it is a very cool place. Alot smaller than you would imagine. A guy sitting right inside the door to help/security. They have alot of folks working all the time. Alot of people were in there. I saw the Grandpa owner!, who is my favorite anyway. He was real nice and didnt mind answering any stupid questions at all.
He said before the show, they had 300 to 400 people come in a day. Now it is closer to 2,000 to 2,500! It is fun to look around. Best pawn shop I have ever seen. A whole lot to look at.
And for my guitar?? They only offered me 500 bucks..Its value is about 1500. I just wanted to deal with them.

Anyway, if you are ever in Vegas...It is another thing to see if you ask me.

VN Store

Back