The SNL Thread.......

bleedorange0037

I was wondering what everybody's all-time favorite sketches from the show are, and if anybody still watches with any regularity? Obviously SNL isn't what it used to be, but every now and then they come up with something pretty funny.

My all time faves are probably Space the Infinite Frontier with Harry Caray, most of the celebrity Jeopardies, and too many Chris Farley skits to even remember them all right now.

Last edited:
Two wild and crazy guys
Van down by the river
Toonces the driving cat
Cowbells (anything Christopher Walken really)
Andy Samberg's digital shorts (lazy sunday, di*k in a box, etc.)

wow i almost forgot about the cowbell. did you see the new digital short a couple weeks ago? I thought it was as funny if not funnier than d*** in a box only because I didn't know they could actually say that on TV. i don't care much for justin timberlake's actual music, but he is pretty good on SNL

I saw the first show.Bill murray joining the cast in the second year.The rise of the stars over the years.Their
subsequent Stardom in film.I have always enjoyed the show. I only watch it Evey now and then now days.
But I think I like knowing that it's still their.

Lots of great skits over the years.But some of those
faux commercials they used to do just cracked me up.
One of the ones that stood out was the one for lazy dogs and overactive pups.The catch was that it was an animal phamacutical company,advertising PUPPY UPPERS AND DOGGIE DOWNERS. The roll reversals the dogs went though when medicated was hilauros.

One of the best shows ever.

two of my favorite farley sketches are the one where he's standing beside sandler whose playing some housesitter asking all these dumb questions about sleeping in people's bed and moving in with them, and after each question farley would scream something at the top of his lungs like "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN'T WE END THIS CRUEL CHARADE, and let the boy move in with you!!!"

Also, I like the Bennett Brauer WU segment where they try to lift him up on wires but it all got tangled up, and farley is like "god, i have a wieght problem. can't they lift me?" priceless.

the 2 a-holes was pretty funny the first few times, recently it's gotten a little old to me. Kristen Wiig has some WIERD characters, but this one isn't that bad. One of the best things from this year was the WU rap when sarah palin was on. "Todd looking fine on his snow-machine, so hot for each other need a go-between."

Cowbell, Deep Thoughts, Church Lady, happy fun ball, dick in a box, "Iran so far" skits were all very funny.

The old Robert Goulet skits were great.

My favorites of all time were the Celebrity Jeopardy.

wow i almost forgot about the cowbell. did you see the new digital short a couple weeks ago? I thought it was as funny if not funnier than d*** in a box only because I didn't know they could actually say that on TV. i don't care much for justin timberlake's actual music, but he is pretty good on SNL

jizz in my pants

yeah, i was really surprised they could say that on network TV. maybe since it was SO late at night when the rules are a little less stringent. the clothes they each had on were rediculous. andy samberg was wearing some sort of vampire coat with a collar that came up almost to his ears.

Last edited:
And not just what they can say....

They may not get naked but they definitely push the envelope of the day. I remember going to church with the parents on Sunday mornings and hearing how disgusting the show was. I always wondered how they knew so much about it if no one was watching.

my favorite part was the little chorus at the end. "you say I'm premature, I just call it ecstasy, i wear a rubber at all times its necessity"

And not just what they can say....

They may not get naked but they definitely push the envelope of the day. I remember going to church with the parents on Sunday mornings and hearing how disgusting the show was. I always wondered how they knew so much about it if no one was watching.

I kind of remember thinking that same thing. On the other hand, I can also see why parents of a 12 or 13 year old kid might not really want their kids watching SNL.

meadow soprano was looking good as usual

is that who the girl from the second verse was? i've never watched the sopranos. didn't have HBO till I got my own place a few years ago. it along with 24 and Lost are on my list of shows I need to get the DVD's and watch. I'll get to it one of these days.

is that who the girl from the second verse was? i've never watched the sopranos. didn't have HBO till I got my own place a few years ago. it along with 24 and Lost are on my list of shows I need to get the DVD's and watch. I'll get to it one of these days.

ya that's her, the sopranos was a great show. she was actually on this season of entourage playing herself, but she was hookin up w/ turtle which makes no sense

lately I've been working my way through the Curb Your Enthusiasm Dvd's. My friends all tell me I'm an idiot and that Curb is stupid and unfunny, but I think it's funny as hell. Larry David is great.

lately I've been working my way through the Curb Your Enthusiasm Dvd's. My friends all tell me I'm an idiot and that Curb is stupid and unfunny, but I think it's funny as hell. Larry David is great.
Don't listen to your friends. Curb is funny. Larry David is brilliant.

VN Store

Back