Straight Outta Compton

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
I can't show one of the trailers because of brief nudity.

But it's NWA... you know what it's about.

Will be seeing it Friday.. Early showing here in Memphis.. Wore that tape out when I was a teen..

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody listen to Dre's new album, Compton?

It's pretty good. Couple of really good tracks with Snoop and Ice Cube. Nothing really stood out as a instant classic to me, though. But maybe I'm just getting old.

It's pretty good. Couple of really good tracks with Snoop and Ice Cube. Nothing really stood out as a instant classic to me, though. But maybe I'm just getting old.

Those couple of songs with Kendrick Lamar stood out to me.

I haven't heard much I plan too but what I've heard it has too much of this new rap feel for me.. I'm a 90's kid don't care too much for this new music, I like some of Lamar's stuff.. Nothing has really intrigued me like the chronic 2001 and the early music before then.. Just saying it seems like a complete album is not anymore that just blows ya away.. I dunno I'm getting old.. I guess

Also just saw the movie.. It was an 8 to me for memories.. Great acting.. They portrayed all of em really really well.. Felt what Dr Dre and Cube was explaining how they felt during the movie..

I still think chronic 2000 is arguably the best rap album ever made

I haven't heard much I plan too but what I've heard it has too much of this new rap feel for me.. I'm a 90's kid don't care too much for this new music, I like some of Lamar's stuff.. Nothing has really intrigued me like the chronic 2001 and the early music before then.. Just saying it seems like a complete album is not anymore that just blows ya away.. I dunno I'm getting old.. I guess

It definitely has that New hip hop sound to it. Not surprising though since Dre has been an integral part of cultivating that sound as a producer the past 15 years.

I do like the album. As soon as it ended the first time I jumped right back to track 2 (skipping the intro) for another listen.

It's just that nothing has jumped out as an instant classic like 'Nuthin But G Thang' or 'Forgot about Dre' did the first time I heard either one.

Read an article that said some theaters were hiring security guards and posting at the entrance as a precaution for this movie. That just sounds like a terrible idea with all the unrest at the moment it will create a tense atmosphere for viewing.

Read an article that said some theaters were hiring security guards and posting at the entrance as a precaution for this movie. That just sounds like a terrible idea with all the unrest at the moment it will create a tense atmosphere for viewing.

At this point there needs to be armed security at every theatre.

Saw it last night. It was ok. Not a bad movie by any means, had some funny moments, I was surprised by how many actually.

In all I thought the movie just touched the surface of the three main characters (Dre, Cube, Eazy), basically giving the viewer just a small glimpse into who they were. Too much time spent with Jerry and Eazy in my opinion, the could have cut the movie by 30 minutes or used that time to get to know the three main characters a little better.

Some of the casting was WTF worthy, the guy they had playing Snoop looked nothing like him, a scene with Tupac (his only) was wasted by a scene with Dre confronting a group of bangers led by Suge Knight, something that I'm 100% certain didn't take place.

Again, not a bad movie, just generic.

Saw this a couple of days back, pretty good. I didn't know the story about NWA so it was probably better for me historically than cinematically, but it was a good film.

^agree with Snoop, was kind of weird. Cube's actor was great though. Pretty cool didn't know till after that it was his son.

Saw this a couple of days back, pretty good. I didn't know the story about NWA so it was probably better for me historically than cinematically, but it was a good film.

^agree with Snoop, was kind of weird. Cube's actor was great though. Pretty cool didn't know till after that it was his son.

He's almost a dead ringer. Has the scowl and everything.

Cube's son absolutely made the movie despite Dre not having a stronger presence in the film and Jerry being too much of a focus. I echo the feelings toward Snoop's actor.

VN Store

Back