Will Ferrell in a lifetime movie.

BruiserVol

Tonight at 7 central time. It's called A Deadly Adoption.

So I see a commercial for some lifetime movie and I was like wtf, that looks like Will Ferrell. Well come to find out it is. Lol. Apparently a lot of people were questioning if it was going to be a serious movie or what and he said he actually wanted to try a sexual thriller... There are some funny discussions going on in the IMDB message boards about it. I will probably watch some of it just out of sheer curiosity. I have never thought of him in this type of role at all.

The more I read about this the more it doesn't make sense. I see a lot saying it's kind of a spoof type movie, but it's being played serious. I can't distinguish between legit sources or fans that just can't accept the fact he's in the movie actually trying lol.

Film is written by former SNL writer Adam Steele, and stars not only Ferrell, but also Kristen Wiig who was also on SNL. Very interesting.

Last edited:
I'd actually watch it if I wasn't going to work.

It's a spoof of all the Lifetime movies, but they are purposely acting seriously.

Is it a new movie? Maybe it'll make Netflix, they have several lifetime movies.

I'm curious about this as well. Is it a huge satire played straight to lambaste lifetime movies, or what?

I randomly wondered the other day what it would be like for Ferrell to play a serious role; like Robin Williams did with One Hour Photo and What Dreams May Come.

But let's be honest, Ferrell isn't half the actor that Williams was... RIP

I can't even look at Ferrell without the expectation of something stupid or funny happening.

Last edited:
I randomly wondered the other day what it would be like for Ferrell to play a serious role; like Robin Williams did with One Hour Photo and What Dreams May Come.

I can't even look at Ferrell without the expectation of something stupid or funny happening.
I was surprised with one hour photo. I really liked it.

My wife watched, and I was working on the computer, so I kind of followed it. It wasn't worth seeing, unless you like to watch the occasional Lifetime movie and crack wise.

I think it's cool that they did it, though. Kinda like Franco doing a Soap Opera. Why not do a little bit of everything in the acting world, if you can?

I thought it was funny. Ferrell was absolutely killing it with his overly earnest facial expressions.

He sorta played a serious role in Stranger than Fiction.

His best was Good Will Hunting, and it wasn't close IMO. Damn that was a good movie

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back