Dark Matter (SyFy)

CagleMtnVol

Dark Matter

Premiers Friday June 12 at 10PM

The crew of a derelict spaceship is awakened from stasis with no memories of who they are or how they got on board. Facing threats at every turn, they have to work together to survive a voyage charged with vengeance, betrayal and hidden secrets. Dark Matter is based on the graphic novel Dark Matter by Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Millie (of the Stargate franchise)

Cast:

Marc Bendavid
Melissa O'Neil
Anthony Lemke
Jodelle Ferland
Roger Cross
Zoie Palm
Alex Mallari, Jr

Recurring:

David Hewlett
Will Wheaton
Amanda Brugel

Created By:
Joseph Mallozzi (Executive Producer/Writer Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe) and Paul Mullie (Writer Stargate SG-1, Writer/Excutive Producer Stargate Atlantis)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTHOdjil-R4[/youtube]

I was a big fan of the Stargate franchise and have been looking forward to this since it was announced!

From the trailer it looks like they may have recycled some of the sets from SG:Atlantis & SG:Universe

Last edited:
Seemed like a solid series premier and I really enjoyed it! You can certainly see where the writers etc.. worked on Stargate Atlantis with the vibe and look of the show. I.E. the shuttle that looks like a mix between a Puddle Jumper & Goa'uld Tel'tak.

It was mentioned that there is a alien species that kinda sounds like the Wraith from SG: Atlantis.

I wonder what is behind the big blast door on the ship?

Well, I have never really liked Syfy's programming.
Didn't like dominion or defiance enough to finish a season and Helix was hit or miss until its cancellation.
I was skeptical about this show because I have never been a fan of the space genre, but I have to say that I loved that premiere.
I already feel like the characters are memorable and the storyline followable.
Will certainly keep watching, hope strong start continues

I really enjoyed the premiere and the twist at the end sure makes things interesting.

The woman playing the android is actually still currently on Lost Girl. She is a completely different character between the two shows and I love that they had her fighting even. It would be cool to see more of that but I'm not so sure that one character didn't remove that feature from her programming. Hopefully not.

This is a great show with really good characters. I love the action scenes. It's some very good choreography.

With regard to the first episode, he had to be a clone.

Would agree Coug, it's a really good Summer Sci-fi series. Also love the Expanse and hope they bring it back.

VN Store

Back