New Vacation movie

I thought it looked pretty funny too. The preview I saw had Russ telling his kids about his trip as a kid and one his sons said "I've never even heard of the original vacation " and he replied "Doesn't matter. This vacation will stand on its own".

I like that it's a sequel as opposed to a remake.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleG7XCqOb4[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Couldn't tell from the trailer if National Lampoon is involved or not like the original Vacation series of movies.

Couldn't tell from the trailer if National Lampoon is involved or not like the original Vacation series of movies.

National Lampoon is lame. Have you missed the straight to DVD movies they put out over the past 20 years?

National Lampoon is lame. Have you missed the straight to DVD movies they put out over the past 20 years?

The only recent one that I can think of that was any good was Van Wilder.

The original company put out some good ones; Animal House, Vacation, European Vacation, Xmas Vacation <--classics.

This isn't part of the new National Lampoon company that churns out C rated crap.

I don't think the Chevy Chase Vacation movies can ever be topped, in my mind anyway. I'm a huge fan---especially of Vacation and Christmas Vacation.

But I think this looks like it could be funny. I'll probably check it out.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think the Chevy Chase Vacation movies can ever be topped, in my mind anyway. I'm a huge fan---especially of Vacation and Christmas Vacation.

Vacation and Christmas Vacation are definitely the best of the 4 films.

I think the makers of this movie would agree. Hence the tongue in cheek "This vacation will stand on its own" line.

It doesn't help that Ed Helms is the lead. He's good as a supporting actor, but I've yet to find him able to carry the lead.

Xmas vacation has become an actual Xmas tradition movie to watch in my household. :good!:

vacation-01-1024.jpg

Chevy in that photo looks like someone who is only in it for the paycheck. Maybe he's thrilled to do the movie but he looks pretty terrible.

Also, I'm really surprised by how good the cast is. I liked Vegas vacation but it didn't have the best rating. Given the mediocre rating from the last movie and the age of Chevy Chase/Beverly D'angelo, I wouldn't have thought so many big names would sign on.

Ed Helms and Charlie Day, that's good stuff.

VN Store

Back