Point Break (Christmas 2015)

This deserves as much of a chance as the countless other reboots Hollywood is producing. I'll probably see it.

I love how some people act like they're remaking Citizen Kane or the Godfather.

The first one was only "good" in the "this is so bad it's hilarious" kinda way, then with some really great skydiving scenes thrown in.

Reactions: 1 person
I love how some people act like they're remaking Citizen Kane or the Godfather.

The first one was only "good" in the "this is so bad it's hilarious" kinda way, then with some really great skydiving scenes thrown in.

I'm not sighing because the first one is so great, I'm sighing because Hollywood is so out of new ideas that they are starting to remake even average movies.

It was one thing when they started remaking good movies....but now they're remaking ones like this and She's All That.

They should have called it something else. It looks cool, but not cool enough to call it "Point Break."

Point Break is good only because it's so bad. You guys act like they're remaking the Godfather.

I don't even know who the two main actors are and honestly change the names in the movie and you have a different film that you don't have to call Point Break.

I don't even know who the two main actors are and honestly change the names in the movie and you have a different film that you don't have to call Point Break.

They could just call it Break Point and everything would be ok.

Reactions: 1 person

This! I'm a big fan of the original. I was too young to understand how bad it was when I first saw it. I just thought it was cool because there was surfing, cops and robbers, and bad words lol. But the nostalgia from that never died so I still love it!

It's almost like they pitched the movie to some producer and someone said, "Oh, you know this is a lot like Point Break. Maybe we should change Bill and Bob's names to special agent Johnny Utah and Bodhi! Then we can cash in on it being a remake!"

This! I'm a big fan of the original. I was too young to understand how bad it was when I first saw it. I just thought it was cool because there was surfing, cops and robbers, and bad words lol. But the nostalgia from that never died so I still love it!

It's almost like they pitched the movie to some producer and someone said, "Oh, you know this is a lot like Point Break. Maybe we should change Bill and Bob's names to special agent Johnny Utah and Bodhi! Then we can cash in on it being a remake!"

I know I'm just basing it off of one preview I saw but it didn't even look like there was much surfing going on in the movie.

VN Store

Back