Willie and Merle, back at it again!

Willie's looking rough these days. Of course he looked rough 35-40 years ago too. Might have been a Labor Day concert on PBS.

Haven't seen Merle at all for a while. Saw him with the Judds about 25 years ago at the Civic Coliseum. He sang one or two songs, strummed his guitar a little, said "I'm sorry" and walked off stage. If he was sick though, can't be upset with him. Judds were outstanding that night. Ricky Van Shelton opened the show.

Reactions: 1 person
Willie gave Doug a verbal commitment to do 'Getting Doug With High' next time he's in LA and Doug is around. I'd love to see that.

Willie is awesome. He seems like the best friend someone could have. Nice as can be and great stories.

I'll check out the new music. 2 legends for sure.

Willie's looking rough these days. Of course he looked rough 35-40 years ago too. Might have been a Labor Day concert on PBS.

Haven't seen Merle at all for a while. Saw him with the Judds about 25 years ago at the Civic Coliseum. He sang one or two songs, strummed his guitar a little, said "I'm sorry" and walked off stage. If he was sick though, can't be upset with him. Judds were outstanding that night. Ricky Van Shelton opened the show.

Well, he is 81. I know what you mean, though. One of my favorites since the mid '70's. I remember the 4th of July picnics/concerts he used to do. Awesome. He's from a small town. Abbott Texas. Population 300 or so.

abbott-tx-city-hall.jpg

I lived about about 30-35 miles from there in the '90's. Some of the guys that worked for me had stories about taking piano lessons from his sister Bobby. Others had poker tales. He played a lot of poker around the Corsicana area.

VN Store

Back