Television you've watched recently

SWIL

( •_•)O*¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
A catch-all thread for general discussion regarding television and to prevent a certain few posters *ahem* from high jacking other threads :)

I do not watch tv very often due to work and things needing done around the farm. We were snowed/iced in for a couple of weeks and I did get hooked on a couple of shows.

Vikings, Better call Saul and the wife now have me watching some of "The Voice". All three seem entertaining and I may try and keep up with them as I can.

One other that is not getting as much discussion here is "Last man on Earth". New one hour comedy that at least has a fresh storyline that provides many angles for the writers. It is well cast and the humor is a bit off color. I actually enjoyed sitting down through the entire show.

Later...

I do not watch tv very often due to work and things needing done around the farm. We were snowed/iced in for a couple of weeks and I did get hooked on a couple of shows.

Vikings, Better call Saul and the wife now have me watching some of "The Voice". All three seem entertaining and I may try and keep up with them as I can.

One other that is not getting as much discussion here is "Last man on Earth". New one hour comedy that at least has a fresh storyline that provides many angles for the writers. It is well cast and the humor is a bit off color. I actually enjoyed sitting down through the entire show.

Later...

I actually like Last Man on Earth. My only problem is...

... By the end of the very first episode we realize he's not the last person on earth. By the end of the second week, we realize there are at least 3 people on earth. Now, the trick to the title is so far, he's still the only man. Was hoping for more of him all by himself enjoying life in a lawless, repercussion free world for at least a few episodes.

Currently I'm watching The Walking Dead and Better Call Saul. I am also watching Game of Thrones whenever I get any free time. Trying to catch up for the season premiere next month but I just started S1E1 yesterday. After I finish GoT, my "to watch list" will be...

The Sopranos
The Wire
True Detective
Boardwalk Empire
The 3rd season of Orange is the New Black (june 12th)
Banshee
The Shield
House of Cards (in 4k :) )

That should get me through the spring and summer and get me to football...lol

I got HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz free for 3 months so I'm going to knock all of the series on them out first.

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is great.
It's a Netflix original series. If you haven't seen it and you like Tina Fey's brand of comedy at all, you should check it out. It definitely has a 30 Rock feel.

I like cop shows. The Following, Backstrom, Criminal Minds, a few others.

I'm thinking I really need to start watching Banshee by the way you guys talk about it. It's just Cinemax doesn't inspire much confidence....

The Americans is still good.

VSF -that is one of my favorite shows. I do think this season has started a bit slow compared to the last season. Spending too much time dealing with whether they are going to convert their Daughter. Would love to see more cat-n-mouse with the KGB -v- FBI.

I like cop shows. The Following, Backstrom, Criminal Minds, a few others.

Of late I'm getting tired of all the Cop Shows on TV. My reasons are more personal with the climate of law enforcement across the country. I gave up watching Five-O, Criminal Minds, all of the CSI's, Chicago Police, etc. I do like the Following which is more than just a Cop Show.

I'm thinking I really need to start watching Banshee by the way you guys talk about it. It's just Cinemax doesn't inspire much confidence....

Normally I agree on Cinemax, but Banshee is fantastic. Everyone I've convinced to watch it, love it.

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is great.
It's a Netflix original series. If you haven't seen it and you like Tina Fey's brand of comedy at all, you should check it out. It definitely has a 30 Rock feel.

I watched the pilot the other night. It was funny. I'll definitely watch more.

The actress is still playing a similar character to what she played on The Office. It just gives her naivety an absurd back story.

I watched the pilot the other night. It was funny. I'll definitely watch more.

The actress is still playing a similar character to what she played on The Office. It just gives her naivety an absurd back story.

It's different though...like she can reason through things, but her preconceived notions are what screw her up. If she were as dumb as Office girl, I couldn't watch.

Love New Girl, but this season has been a disappointment and the scheduling has been strange. It's not even on every week, and I have no idea why.

VN Store

Back