Wayward Pines (Fox)

CagleMtnVol

Wayward Pines (Fox)
Premiering: Thursday, May 14

A 10-Episode Event!

Imagine the perfect American town… beautiful homes, manicured lawns, children playing safely in the streets. Now imagine never being able to leave. You have no communication with the outside world. You think you’re going insane. You must be in Wayward Pines.

Starring:
Matt Dillon
Carla Gugino
Melissa Leo
Terrence Howard
Juliette Lewis
Toby Jones
Reed Diamond
Shannyn Sossamon

Based on the best-selling novel “Pines” by Blake Crouch and brought to life by suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan (“The Sixth Sense,” “Signs”), WAYWARD PINES is the intense new mind-bending 10-episode event thriller evocative of the classic hit “Twin Peaks

Secret Service Agent ETHAN BURKE (Academy Award nominee Matt Dillon, “Crash,” “City of Ghosts”) drives to the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID, searching for two missing federal agents. One of the best Secret Service agents in the Seattle office, he’s the man who knew missing agent KATE HEWSON (Carla Gugino, “Watchmen,” “Entourage”) better than anyone. They were more than partners; their relationship nearly destroyed Ethan’s marriage. Everything changes when a truck slams into his car…and he wakes up in the Wayward Pines Hospital, with the intense and unpredictable NURSE PAM (Academy Award and Emmy Award winner Melissa Leo, “The Fighter,” “Treme”) at his bedside. It soon appears that Pam is more interested in harming than healing. She and Ethan grow into deadly rivals, and her role in the town proves much deeper than anyone realizes. As the mysteries within the town pile up, Ethan starts to question his own sanity. He is confronted by the mysterious and charismatic DR. JENKINS (Emmy Award nominee Toby Jones, “The Girl,” the “Harry Potter” franchise), the psychiatrist who treats him at Wayward Pines Hospital. As he begins to meet some of the local residents, including toymaker HAROLD BALLINGER (Reed Diamond, “24,” “Much Ado About Nothing”), Ethan forms a bond with BEVERLY (Academy Award and Emmy Award nominee Juliette Lewis, “Hysterical Blindness,” “Cape Fear”), a bartender who is as wary of Wayward Pines as he is. Back home in Seattle, Ethan’s wife, THERESA BURKE (Shannyn Sossamon, “40 Days and 40 Nights,” “How to Make It in America”), a former Secret Service Agent trainee, is informed by Ethan’s boss, ADAM HASSLER (Tim Griffin, “Prime Suspect”), that early testing shows Ethan was never in the car which was recovered on the side of the road outside of Wayward Pines. They’re still investigating. But this isn’t enough for Theresa. So she sets out on her own search for her husband, along with their teenage son, BEN (Charlie Tahan, “The Harvest,” “Charlie St. Cloud”). Meanwhile, Ethan is challenged at every turn by the town’s die-hard residents, especially SHERIFF ARNOLD POPE (Academy Award nominee Terrence Howard, “Crash,” “Hustle & Flow”), who takes offense at a Secret Service agent showing up on his turf. Ethan’s continuing investigation only turns up more and more questions, and each one leads him to the most important question of all: What’s wrong with Wayward Pines? WAYWARD PINES is a production of FX Productions. The series was developed for television by Chad Hodge (“The Playboy Club,” “Runaway”) and executive-produced by M. Night Shyamalan, Donald De Line (“Green Lantern,” “The Italian Job”), Hodge and Ashwin Rajan (“After Earth,” “Devil”). Hodge wrote and Shyamalan directed the premiere episode.

Last edited:
WAYWARD PINES | Always Answer The Phone
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p9zpl4ncYU[/youtube]

Just watched the first episode. This is gonna be good.

I'll likely be skipping this. I'm not sure my emotions can handle the slew of unanswered questions that are bound to pour from this show. IE: the recent abomination that was "Resurrection". That and the whole "mystery community", with secret cameras everywhere, "you can't leave here" mentality is over used. "Fear Itself", "Persons Unknown", "Truman show", etc.

Starts tonight, can't remember the last time I was actually excited about something that M Night Shyamalan was involved in.

Loved the premiere
Though have to disagree with you bark, The Happening was pretty good

Loved the premiere
Though have to disagree with you bark, The Happening was pretty good

I can't get behind any save the enviroment lunacy like that show was about. And I am huge M Night fan as I have all his movies (including the Happening).

I was a young teen when twin peaks was on TV in the early 90'sand this show reminds me of it so much. Except now...... I'm not scared crap less.

The first season of twin peaks was awesome. The twin peaks pilot, along with the X-files one, are two of my all time favorite episodes of tv..ever.

2nd episode was just as good IMO. Kind of sad that this is only a miniseries but at least it can't really get pulled not that I think it would

Should have more of these star studded one shot vehicles...the Following should have taken that route. This has been great so far.

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't watched the 2nd one yet, but the previews look good

This is a good show!!! I can't believe they killed on Juliette Lewis already, that dude from Empire don't play!

I knew it.

- I read the 1st book lol.

The wife and I were thinking about reading the books after we heard the show was based on a book.

Two questions, would you recommend then, and do you know if the show is based on the first book or the whole trilogy?

I read only the first book so I can't speak about the whole trilogy. I just checked my Goodreads, and it took me 2 days to read it back in February 2013 (I gave it 3 stars). I remember it not being great, but being a fun read. The biggest negative was the quality of the writing. You know in horror you have Dean Koontz and Stephen King. Crouch writes at the level of Koontz not King.

Also the reason I read it was the Twin Peaks reference I saw in the reviews. I disagree with that not only in the book, but also in the show. Not only does the show/book really lack that Lynchian vibe, but I thought it showed it's hand a little too early. Not every town with weirdness or secrets is Twin Peaks (Village of the Damned might be better here).

So far I've been enjoying the show. Some of acting has been great (Melissa Leo is having way too much fun playing the nurse). The weakest acting so far has been from Shannyn Sossamon who I normally love. I think it is a case of her being cast for a part she shouldn't of been cast for. This is not Mad Men or HBO level quality, but you don't need this show to be that.

VN Store

Back