TV shows you wish would come back/be remade

Daloth

After reading an article about John Stamos trying to get Full House rebooted and with Girl Meets World being a fairly decent deal on Disney it has me wondering, what TV shows would you love to see come back or get a made for TV movie as a "where the characters are now" style end or anything?

For me, I want Most Extreme Elimination Challenge to come back. Wipeout tried to rip off the show that was already a rip off, but they did it in the most PG friendly way, which totally ruined the point of the show.

I'd also love to see a special on Malcolm in the Middle that shows how they are all doing in real life now, Hal and Lois having one kid (or none) for the first time in years, and its an excuse to see Bryan Cranston and Jane Kaczmarek get on screen again for more than the Breaking Bad spoof. I'll fight with anyone that Lois was one of the best TV moms of all time.

After reading an article about John Stamos trying to get Full House rebooted and with Girl Meets World being a fairly decent deal on Disney it has me wondering, what TV shows would you love to see come back or get a made for TV movie as a "where the characters are now" style end or anything?

For me, I want Most Extreme Elimination Challenge to come back. Wipeout tried to rip off the show that was already a rip off, but they did it in the most PG friendly way, which totally ruined the point of the show.

I'd also love to see a special on Malcolm in the Middle that shows how they are all doing in real life now, Hal and Lois having one kid (or none) for the first time in years, and its an excuse to see Bryan Cranston and Jane Kaczmarek get on screen again for more than the Breaking Bad spoof. I'll fight with anyone that Lois was one of the best TV moms of all time.

I would hate to have Lois as my mother. Her character is funny, but in real life, she would be a total control freak and sociopath.

I would like to see an Everybody Loves Raymond reunion, minus Peter Boyle. Perhaps they can attend "Frank's funeral".

I would love to see Curb Your Enthusiasm comeback For 1 more season.

I think it will but it will be awhile. LD has a Broadway play he staring in that just opened.

---

A Star Trek TNG would be nice I guess.

Seinfeld. Probably wouldn't be as funny as it was back in the day though

I think that would be the inherent problem with throwback shows. We have good memories of them but a return would most likely fall flat. Look at Arrested Development on Netflix.

Although Curb Your Enthusiasm did the perfect Seinfeld reunion a few years ago.

This seems an obvious choice, but as time goes on, the more I think the 14 episodes and movie that we do have is perfect and nothing else should be made.

Too many good shows have a "jump the shark" moment.

Firefly, at least, did not end on a cliffhanger.

Does anyone remember Stump the Schwab on ESPN about 10 years ago. I'd love to see that show again. I'm not sure why they cancelled it.

I've finally started watching that awhile back. I'm on Our Mrs. Reynolds, so far it's okay. Haven't watched the movie either.

I would like to see Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles come back. It would have been interesting to see how they played out the separate story arcs (Sarah on modern day and John in the future). Not to mention I'm in love with Summer Glau. :rock:

VN Store

Back