Zoo (CBS)

CagleMtnVol

I'm not familiar with the novel but the premise sounds interesting and for a Summer series I'll give it a chance.

“Zoo,” a New Drama Based on James Patterson’s #1 Bestselling Novel,

Debuts Tuesday, June 30 at 9:00 PM

ZOO, a new drama based on the #1 bestselling novel by James Patterson, will premiere Tuesday, June 30 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). In the series, a wave of violent animal attacks against humans begin taking place across the globe. As the assaults become more cunning, coordinated and ferocious, a young renegade biologist (James Wolk) is thrust into the race to unlock the pandemic’s mystery before there’s no place left for people to hide.

About ZOO:

ZOO, based on the #1 bestselling novel by James Patterson, stars James Wolk, Kristen Connolly, Billy Burke, Nonso Anozie and Nora Arnezeder. Jeff Pinkner, Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Scott Rosenberg and Michael Katleman are executive producers with James Mangold, Cathy Konrad, James Patterson, Bill Robinson, Leopoldo Gout and Steve Bowen. Brad Anderson is directing and also serves as an executive producer. ZOO is a CBS Television Studios production.

Gone are the days when show seasons were nearly 30 episodes.

I don't remember if it was Gotham or The Flash (or both?) but they were originally given 13 episodes but the ratings were so good that they upped it to the 22 episode standard.

Yeah, the first time I saw the preview I thought it could be interesting then the more I see the preview it seems sillier and sillier to me. It might turn out to be pretty good, we'll see. It doesn't seem like these networks have to put too much effort into their summer shows though.

Yeah, the first time I saw the preview I thought it could be interesting then the more I see the preview it seems sillier and sillier to me. It might turn out to be pretty good, we'll see. It doesn't seem like these networks have to put too much effort into their summer shows though.
I thought the same thing about Under the Dome and even though it is silly its still entertaining.

I thought the same thing about Under the Dome and even though it is silly its still entertaining.

No, it's an entertaining show and since I read the book I'm obviously interested in it. The acting from some of the characters is laughable at times though.

You can't help but laugh at these nuts! Enlisting a 92 year old for this crap!

By the way Zoo returns Tuesday June 28 for its two-hour Season Two Premiere on CBS!

PETA Enlists Bob Barker To Urge CBS To Stop Using Wild Animals In Its Programs

PETA Enlists Bob Barker To Urge CBS To Stop Using Wild Animals In Its Programs

On the heels of this week’s PETA ads blasting CBS for using live animals again this season in its series Zoo, the animal rights org has enlisted PETA pal and longtime CBS game-show host Bob Barker to write a letter to CBS Television Studios calling for a network-wide ban on the use of wild animals in future programming.

This week, with Zoo back for Season 2 and, according to PETA, doing same, the group took out ads in the Los Angeles Times, New York Times and Wall Street Journal featuring a computer-generated chimpanzee handcuffed with strips of film. (Last year at this time, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals chastised CBS’ summer series Zoo on the eve of its debut, after reading news reports in which the producers bragged about using actual wild animals whenever possible – in marked contrast to assurances PETA says CBS gave them about doing just the opposite.)

The new PETA campaign comes just days in advance of Zoo’s two-hour second-season premiere on June 28. In his letter, Barker says he is contacting CBS Studios “after hearing from my friends at PETA that your network continues to allow wild animals to be used on Zoo.”

The former longtime host of The Price Is Right added in a letter addressed to CBS Television Studios chief David Stapf: “When used for entertainment, big cats and other animals are torn away from their mothers, subjected to abusive training methods and locked inside tiny cages. I urge you to end this exploitation and adopt a network-wide policy banning the use of wild animals in future CBS programming. “The only way to stop this cruelty is to replace the use of captive wild animals in your shows with the creative, versatile, and humane technology that exists today, such as computer-generated imagery. As demonstrated by productions such as Jon Favreau’s The Jungle Book, Darren Aronofsky’s Noah, and the upcoming David Yates film, The Legend of Tarzan, in which large numbers of animals have been created with such technology, it’s time for CBS to step up for animals and follow suit.”

CBS responded today in a statement: “We have the greatest respect for PETA and its cause. The health, safety and welfare of animals in our care during filming continues to be our highest priority.”

Wait a minute! Where did I say that? I think they are bunch of idiots!

Sorry for the confusion..I don't understand why these big entertainment entities keep kissing PETAs butt. Over the years this bunch of wacko nutjobs have gained legitimacy that they should have never been given.

This series is realistically dumb but oddly intriguing and entertaining at the same time.

No Cagle..not you brother. The quote from CBS in that article said "We have the greatest respect for Peta and it's cause, but blahblahblah.."

Well they know if they don't walk on eggshells with them then they will bring in the uber-libral left and it will be a PR nightmare.

I thought the statement in the article about them doing CGI instead of live animals was funny. That works for multi-million dollar film but for a television show it would bankrupt them in no time.

Well they know if they don't walk on eggshells with them then they will bring in the uber-libral left and it will be a PR nightmare.

I thought the statement in the article about them doing CGI instead of live animals was funny. That works for multi-million dollar film but for a television show it would bankrupt them in no time.

Animal worshipping fools..

Finished up the 2nd Season last night by marathoning the final 5 episodes.

I really enjoyed them and the twist finale leading into next season seems interesting as well
although I don't like the apparent time jump!

I agree, I think they are going the right direction with it. Though I'm not a huge fan of the same thing you mentioned.

The time jump doesn't really affect the story much other than by changing the actor for Clementine. I'm curious to see how Mitch managed to live through that attack. Maybe the blood spatter we saw landing near the glasses was blood from the hybrids being shot by someone still in the complex?

Zoo Renewed For Season 3 - IsMyShowCancelled.com

Great News!!

CBS has announced the Premier dates of their summer series and the 3rd season of Zoo returns on Thursday June 29th.

Zoo stars James Wolk, Kristen Connolly, Nonso Anozie, Billy Burke and Gracie Dzienny

CBS sucks. They are the absolute worse producers of content of any network.

CBS sucks. They are the absolute worse producers of content of any network.

And yet I watch more shows on CBS than any other network.

:mf_surrender:You have made it clear you don't like network tv so let us who do enjoy those shows to watch and discuss them in peace. Thanks

VN Store

Back