*official Fifty Shades of Grey movie thread*

Me and my wife watched it the other night except it was called Secretary and it came out in 2002. It starred James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal, Spader's character is even named Mr. Grey.

Reactions: 2 people
My mom is all in a tizzy about this movie. I think she secretly wants to see it but she is embarrassed to admit it.

Everyone is freaking out about this movie. It's the modern day version of Lady Chatterly. In 20 years we'll laugh about how tame this movie was.

Funny how a nation that comes together to stop domestic violence gets all atwitter over a book and a movie that glorifies sexual deviancy, torture, and subjugation of a young girl by a powerful, rich, white man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Funny how a nation that comes together to stop domestic violence gets all atwitter over a book and a movie that glorifies sexual deviancy, torture, and subjugation of a young girl by a powerful, rich, white man.

It's ok because he's good looking.

Reactions: 1 person

I have to say, I've not read the books, but from what I've heard it's all consensual. Consent makes all the difference in the world.

I have to say, I've not read the books, but from what I've heard it's all consensual. Consent makes all the difference in the world.

I think people need to be honest about what it is, and then decide for themselves and not worry about anybody else.

A psychologist did a write-up on the book and she was convinced the author's personal fantasy is to be a young, adolescent girl who learns sex from a grown man, and you can't write this book about a 13 YO girl, so you just make her a child-like adult. It was pretty convincing when she shared passages from the book.

So if that gets you off, go for it. But that's what it is.

I honestly don't care too much about the actual content, though it is pretty bad itself. What bothers me most is just how such a horribly written book became so popular. like it's mindblowingly awful.

as someone who works at a theater, I am definitely not looking forward to cleaning up the auditorium after every 50SOG showing. Gonna be NAS-TAY.

VN Store

Back