Most disappointed you've ever been after a movie...

ChadFeldheimer

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Huge fan of the trilogy and was very pumped about this... Wasn't even upset Shia was cast... But man what a disappointment... From the script to the fake cgi... Terrible.

Reactions: 1 person
I love the the Blade movies but Blade Trilogy was a big disappointment after the first two movies.

I'm not sure if my naming Prometheus is that it was "bad" or if it just wasn't what I thought it'd be but either way I was disappointed.

I like Michael Crichton and and was pretty let down with the Congo movie treatment.

X-Men: Last Stand

Godzilla, either of the new one's really, but particularly the earlier one where Godzilla was really just an iguana with a serious pituitary gland issue.

OMG, Prometheus was so awesome. Totally exceeded my expectations. Prequels don't have a great track record, but it tied together so well, IMO.

The Prestige. I loved the movie up until the end, which I thought was the dumbest ish I'd ever seen. I don't hate the movie, I actually really enjoy the first 2/3, but the end was so bad that I left really disappointed.

Pan's Labyrinth and K-Pax, great movies but I hate it when the ending is ambiguous and left up to you to decide whether it was all in their head.

The Avengers, the British version starring Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman. Movie was a big ball of suck from beginning to end.

I'm the complete opposite. Loved everything about the Prestige, including the awesome ending.

On the other hand, Prometheus, while not the most disappointed I've ever been, certainly ranks up there.

Reactions: 2 people
My wife tricked me into going to her friends and I had to watch twilight, I'll never forgive either of them. Hated it, and it was hyped to be such a great love story.

The Prestige. I loved the movie up until the end, which I thought was the dumbest ish I'd ever seen. I don't hate the movie, I actually really enjoy the first 2/3, but the end was so bad that I left really disappointed.

The ending was great. Great movie.

Reactions: 1 person
OMG, Prometheus was so awesome. Totally exceeded my expectations. Prequels don't have a great track record, but it tied together so well, IMO.

I don't know, maybe I just need to watch it again. I mean, Fassbender was great. Like, REALLY good, but somehow as a whole it just didn't quite do what I had hoped it might.

It's been awhile...I'll watch again and see if it grows on me.

Pan's Labyrinth and K-Pax, great movies but I hate it when the ending is ambiguous and left up to you to decide whether it was all in their head.

The Avengers, the British version starring Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman. Movie was a big ball of suck from beginning to end.

I thought Pan's Labyrinth was excellent.

Lone Ranger in 2013. Truly awful.

The ending was great. Great movie.

So you didn't mind when a movie about...

slight of hand tricks from our 19th century universe suddenly went sci-fi, alternate universe? The worst part for me is that Bale tells Jackman the key to the transported man is Tesla to throw him off the scent of the real answer and Tesla just happens to have a cloning device, and leaves it for Jackman to just take for nefarious purposes.

So dumb.

The Grey. Liam Neeson is a bad ass but this movie was awful. The ending sucked. Pretty much the whole movie sucked tbh.

Spider-Man 3 - I had no idea it would or could be so bad. I left the theatre trying to convince myself it had some good moments. All I could come up with was the FX looked good (a given in this day and age).

Superman Returns - I liked the idea that it was a sequel of sorts to the Donner films. I was really excited to be seeing it in IMAX 3D (a first for the summer blockbuster). My future wife went with me and seemed really excited about it leaving the theater. I didn't have the heart to tell her how I really felt.

VN Store

Back