Indiana Jones reboot coming!

CagleMtnVol

Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival

Disney Eyeing Chris Pratt For Indiana Jones Revival

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s one from the helluva good idea department. Marvel offerings are soaring, and Star Wars is being reinvigorated by director JJ Abrams. Now, Disney has just started to turn its attention to reviving the Indiana Jones franchise after buying the rights from Paramount in 2013.

I’m cautioned that while things are very early, I hear the studio has set its sights on Chris Pratt as the swashbuckling archaeologist they hope to build the new franchise around, the role made famous by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark. Pratt jumped to leading-man movie status with his performance in last year’s blockbuster Guardians Of The Galaxy for Marvel and Disney. He starts The Magnificent Seven with Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua in April for MGM and Sony, and there’s the inevitable Guardians Of The Galaxy sequel. Disney won’t comment and all this is admittedly early, so let’s chalk it up as a dishy informed rumor for now and keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
I have to admit I had never heard of Chris Pratt before the Guardians hype started and after seeing it and the previews for Jurassic World .

I got to say he seems like a solid choice, certainly better than say Shia LaBeouf.

I guess Hollywood has to reboot everything because they're incapable of coming up with anything original.

Honestly, I think they consider it "safer" to do these types of things. Be it remakes, reboots or sequels the idea is that if you've had success previously with the formula it's easier to make money.

Someone has already done it! A short Google search and...

chris-pratt-would-make-an-awesome-indiana-jones

What happened to the last Indiana Jones that they were going to do with Ford to make up for that Crystal Skulls debacle of a movie?

What happened to the last Indiana Jones that they were going to do with Ford to make up for that Crystal Skulls debacle of a movie?

Probably they realized he is getting old. Remember he got hurt last fall on the set of Star Wars VII.

Can JJ Abrams do an original or is he going to be the reboot King of directors.. I enjoyed his Star Trek series but man can he do something original..

First thing I ever saw Pratt in was Parks and Rec so I always see him as Andy Dwyer. Makes it hard for me to see Indiana Jones in him

Can JJ Abrams do an original or is he going to be the reboot King of directors.. I enjoyed his Star Trek series but man can he do something original..

Truth be told he does a lot of original work it's just that most of it isn't on the big screen.

Super 8 (movie)

Alias (tv shows)
Lost
Fringe
Person Of Interest
Revolution
Almost Human
Alcatraz

That being said though I've decided this reboot should never take place by any actor other than Harrison Ford. He is and always should be Indiana Jones. If he can't be Indy nobody should.

Zero Dark Thirty?

Zero Boring Thirty
How bad was that movie though?! Freaking sleeper movie. I have zero intention of ever watching that again on purpose.

Last edited:
That being said though I've decided this reboot should never take place by any actor other than Harrison Ford. He is and always should be Indiana Jones. If he can't be Indy nobody should.

Zero Boring Thirty
How bad was that movie though?! Freaking sleeper movie. I have zero intention of ever watching that again on purpose.

Yep. Harrison Ford is Indiana. It's like Robert Englund is Freddy Kruger. Those guys defined their characters.

Reactions: 1 person
No...just no.

Someone please slap Disney silly for even considering this.

Just reading several message boards and Facebook & Twitter. Unlike the news on the Ghostbusters front most people are actually okay if its true with Chris Pratt taking over the role of Dr. Jones.

Guardians of Galaxy showed that he can be serious at times and Jurassic World should give us a better idea if he could be Indy or not.

VN Store

Back