Backstorm on Fox

firestorm

I've seen the previews and it looks great. A man sees the worst in people, and gets in the heads if the culprits.

Fox had the brilliant doctor is a jerk with the award winning House looks like they want to make another but this time a Detective or investigator that is a jerk.

I remember reading about this show a couple of years ago.

Backstrom based on series of Swedish book series by Leif G. W. Persson.

CBS originally ordered a "Pilot" for it back in the Summer of 2012. However they decided to pass on it. 20th Century Fox shopped it around to other nets before they decided to pick it up for their own network as a 13-episode late winter/spring series.

Last edited:
Can't wait not much longer till the premiere.

I imagine I'll be quoting the smartass remarks.
We're looking for lesbians in a shed. Damn that is rich.

From the promos I've seen the detective looks like he's a genuine jerkass.

If I recall right there was evidence shown house could be using a jerkass facade for the main purpose it makes it easier to fire employees if they're not close to him.

I'm ready for this show. The time is upon us, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

The guy from 24 and Allstate commercials is in this.
Tonight's episode had the it's not predictability as to who was the culprit.

Next episode a murder in a religious cult.

Caught the first episode at my sisters house. It's really hard to take the main character seriously, maybe that's the point, I don't know. The show was ok and definitely not easy to predict, at least that episode.

I've been underwhelmed. I think I expected too much from Rainn Wilson.

Ok I'm not sure why a officer could be convinced with perjury he's done something good.
It's a cardinal sin that destroys credibility.

Next episode is the killer from the past returns with a chance at redemption for the detective.

Caught the first episode at my sisters house. It's really hard to take the main character seriously, maybe that's the point, I don't know. The show was ok and definitely not easy to predict, at least that episode.

It is the point. He serves as the main character and a comic relief.

I've only seen parts of a couple of episodes but it looks like something I wouldn't mind going back and checking out from the start!
Backstrom appears to be what Dr. House would be if he was a detective!

I've only seen parts of a couple of episodes but it looks like something I wouldn't mind going back and checking out from the start!
Backstrom appears to be what Dr. House would be if he was a detective!

Yep that seems like the basic premise.
It seems to be a mix of Sherlock Holmes, house, and psych with the detective as a smartass.

I like the show, but just don't buy the character as much as I did House. Maybe its just still to early.

Last nights show helped his character a lot. You see a different side of him.

VN Store

Back