The WIRE marathon.

Crew

...stay frosty.
....just a little public service announcement.

It starts at 11:a.m. central on HBO signature. 503 for my DirecTV family.

All 5 seasons will be shown over the next 5 days.

...that is all.

I agree. I might have to do a rewatch soon since I haven't watched it since it originally aired.

Highly recommend doing so. I hadn't watched it since then either until I made the fiance watch it earlier this year and it was just as awesome the second time around.

Watched the first 2 episodes a while back when I had HBO Go but it didn't really catch my attention. I'm going to give it another shot though and stick with it here soon.

Finally got the woman on board with me to watch this one; we are close to the end of the first season.

I'm digging it so far! Some of the police talk and politicking is challenging to digest at times, that would be my only complaint.

Watched the first 2 episodes a while back when I had HBO Go but it didn't really catch my attention. I'm going to give it another shot though and stick with it here soon.

You gotta watch the first 4-5 episodes to get hooked. The first couple are basically character intros and development. Stick with it. The payoff will be worth it.

Glad I have something to look forward to. Season 2 seems inferior to the first so far

Although I will say Omar Little's court testimony was pure gold

Season 4 might be my favorite season ever of any show.

it's mine as well.

Glad I have something to look forward to. Season 2 seems inferior to the first so far

season 2 gets a lot of flak, but it sticks out a lot better on rewatch. first time through the show, it was my least favorite season by far, but after my 2nd run through, it was battling for the 3rd spot with season 1.

Reactions: 1 person
Although I will say Omar Little's court testimony was pure gold

McNaulty goes undercover/s too. Once you meet all the players and the sting gets going, it's a pretty good show. I enjoyed it, even though it was a pretty big departure from season 1.

I don't have HBO, but have been meaning to get this on Netflix
my BIL says it great

Watched a few episodes of the first season, couldnt get into it. Skipped to second season where the main guy is driving a boat..still can't get into it. Will give it the old college try tonight though (at work).

I've been watching it on DVD since last fall as I've been wanting to watch the whole series. I'm on season 5 right now with only 3 episodes left. I like the series a lot. The character development is great and the plots are good. It can be slow at times but you have to really pay attention to follow all of it. There are definitely a few things I didn't see coming.

Stick with it. I said that all season long while I was watching it, and then at the end of the season I realized how good it was, and felt remorse for not appreciating it for what it is. It's less about gangbanging, but gives you a unique look into union politics.

I think at one time or another I would have claimed any of the first 4 seasons as my favorite. Never 5, though it's good. I would have to say Season 3 is my favorite, as of right now. So good.

I think at one time or another I would have claimed any of the first 4 seasons as my favorite. Never 5, though it's good. I would have to say Season 3 is my favorite, as of right now. So good.

Hey Huff, I asked a question in the pub's book thread when you get a chance.

VN Store

Back