Better Call Saul

I am excited. I think it will be good.

Appeared to be the origin of Mike Ermantrout (sp?) as his heavy.

Mike was one of my favorite characters from BB. I can't wait for this

He was an awesome character...the only possible slip up in reality for me, would be...he is the right hand man for this meth crime lord, but he has time to do odd jobs for the local ambulance chaser? Maybe there were a lot if dead periods in Gus's operation, but the one episode where he takes Jesse on the money collections covered a lot of prospective time.

He was an awesome character...the only possible slip up in reality for me, would be...he is the right hand man for this meth crime lord, but he has time to do odd jobs for the local ambulance chaser? Maybe there were a lot if dead periods in Gus's operation, but the one episode where he takes Jesse on the money collections covered a lot of prospective time.

Maybe he isn't the right hand man for Gus at this time, and that it was working for Saul that allowed him to meet Gus.

That said for some reason despite my love for Breaking Bad I feel nothing for this show. I am not sure how much I would like a full show of just Saul. The character seems to work better in smaller bits. I hope I am wrong, and this becomes must see viewing.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe he isn't the right hand man for Gus at this time, and that it was working for Saul that allowed him to meet Gus.

That said for some reason despite my love for Breaking Bad I feel nothing for this show. I am not sure how much I would like a full show of just Saul. The character seems to work better in smaller bits. I hope I am wrong, and this becomes must see viewing.

I see where you are coming from. I thought the same when I first heard about the possible spinoff but the idea is growing on me. The closer it gets the more I think I will enjoy it

I called him an ambulance chaser because that seems to be the size of his practice, but in the small doses we glimpsed? The guy is good! I'm sure just the dialogue alone will entertain, but the types of clients he has to take will fill storylines...I expect a lot of fun.

On Mike, I think you may be right...the trailer had him working in a toll booth, and we know he had been drummed out of the police force...so he's probably at rock bottom when Saul meets him...Saul ends up employing him and in the course of Saul working on a case with a Gus associate, Gus becomes aware of Mike. So maybe Mike mainly works for Gus when we meet him in Breaking Bad...but still does favors for Saul from time to time in gratitude for getting him out of the gutter?

The actor who plays Saul is a scene stealer; I always looked forward to his appearances in BB.

Most spinoffs crash and burn but this one has a chance.

The actor who plays Saul is a scene stealer; I always looked forward to his appearances in BB.

Most spinoffs crash and burn but this one has a chance.

He was awesome in Fargo as well (the FX series).

Can't wait to watch this! I wonder how many seasons they will get out of this?

The Esquire review claims it's better than BB. That's quite a gaunlet thrown down.

I'm really confused with the relationship between Jimmy McGill, Chuck McGill (they are apparantly brothers), and the Hamlins. Why did Jimmy rip up the $26,000 check from HHM?

I'm really confused with the relationship between Jimmy McGill, Chuck McGill (they are apparantly brothers), and the Hamlins. Why did Jimmy rip up the $26,000 check from HHM?

I'm guessing it's something to do with the "buyout" that Jimmy(Saul) wants. The lawfirm paying Chuck some stipend or sabbatical money may reduce or remove their obligation to Chuck should he want to buy out?

I loved the intro though. I guess that's supposed to be after his dealing with Walt/Jesse in Breaking Bad. Wasn't there a point when Walt was asking Saul about his guy that can make him disappear with a new identity, and Saul mentioned he might be middle management at a Cinnabon in Omaha?

I'm guessing it's something to do with the "buyout" that Jimmy(Saul) wants. The lawfirm paying Chuck some stipend or sabbatical money may reduce or remove their obligation to Chuck should he want to buy out?

I loved the intro though. I guess that's supposed to be after his dealing with Walt/Jesse in Breaking Bad. Wasn't there a point when Walt was asking Saul about his guy that can make him disappear with a new identity, and Saul mentioned he might be middle management at a Cinnabon in Omaha?

Yes you are exactly right about that last part.

VN Store

Back