Hunger Games Part 3 Part 1

GoBigOrangeUT

Kind of hot in these rhinos
Saw it at the midnight showing last night. The movie basically served as a massive build up to the part 2, but it was still very good. The writing and acting in this one were top notch in my opinion.

I heard it was better than expected in all phases. Glad to heard it, since my wife will be ready to go see it. After she read the books several years ago there is no stopping her on going to watch the films. I thought Jennifer Lawrence wasn't that great in the first two so I'm hoping she puts on a better performance.

I went to Mockingjay thinking it was the Divergent sequel but before they showed the movie they had the Insurgent preview = mind blown.

I heard it was better than expected in all phases. Glad to heard it, since my wife will be ready to go see it. After she read the books several years ago there is no stopping her on going to watch the films. I thought Jennifer Lawrence wasn't that great in the first two so I'm hoping she puts on a better performance.

She does

Saw it at the midnight showing last night. The movie basically served as a massive build up to the part 2, but it was still very good. The writing and acting in this one were top notch in my opinion.

Basically every problem (in the entire series) the government has arises from the fact that they broadcast live, rather than on delay. Huge problem for me in the writing. How many live TV mishaps need to occur before they broadcast on delay?

So stupid.

I agree the acting was good and the movie wasn't bad, it just wasn't entertaining.

Very good film. It's a good build up to the finale. Not a ton of action. It just creates the setting and plot for Part 2. It's much like what Deathly Hallows Part 1 was for Harry Potter.

Last edited:
The third book was by far the worst. I can't imagine that there is actually enough content to fill two films. I hope I'm wrong, because my wife is going to insist on seeing it soon enough.

I wouldn't say the 3rd was the worse, but it was much darker than the first two. I'll be interested to see how true they stay to what happened in the 3rd book.

As far as the movie goes, it feels like what it is. Half a story.

Didn't I mention this in the Indians Jones Reboot thread that these studios aren't going to set on these franchises they own!!

Lionsgate is Looking at Hunger Games Prequel and Sequel Possibilities

Lionsgate is Looking at Hunger Games Prequel and Sequel Possibilities

During an earnings call this morning, Lionsgate was asked numerous times by investors what the studio’s plans are for franchises now that The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 is ending the story created by Suzanne Collins this November. While the studio execs initially said they had a strong slate ahead and following “Mockingay – Part 2,” CEO Jon Feltheimer finally did mention that they are “actively looking at some development and thinking about prequel and sequel possibilities” for the Hunger Games franchise.

Earlier in the call, Lionsgate also mentioned that they were very interested in what Warner Bros. Pictures is doing with the re-introduction of the “Harry Potter” franchise with the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them films.

A prequel for The Hunger Games may be the only option. And the prequel would be best set 100 years back when Panem was first formed. It would explain the formation and why The Hunger Games were established. But what do I know?

Still, I say leave the series alone.

VN Store

Back