Terminator: Genisys

Grand Vol

Official VN Armorer
Lab Rat
Okay, the Terminator series has officially been ruined if this article is even half true:

See our 'Terminator: Genisys' cover story | Inside Movies | EW.com

Twist No. 1? Sarah Connor (Game of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke) isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero-body-fat warrior in 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Instead, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarz*enegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.

“Since she was 9 years old, she has been told everything that was supposed to happen,” says Ellison, who credits James Cameron’s T2 as one of the *reasons he chose to spend his career making movies. “But Sarah fundamentally rejects that destiny. She says, ‘That’s not what I want to do.’ It’s her decision that drives the story in a very different direction.”

Would people just leave stuff alone?

If they wanted to "reboot" or continue the series, the war against the machines is the obvious and only choice. And not like they did in Salvation. Just straight up humans and machines kicking the crap out of each other with John Connor at the helm.

I continue to say Hollywood has run out of ideas and continues to destroy franchises by letting things like this happen.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys don't have to watch it. You can't ruin good movies with sequels, IMO.

This is the way terminator goes. Kyle Reese protects adult Sarah Connor, so then the machines have to go after John. They can't get John, so now they go after young Sarah Connor. Why does this ruin anything? It might be bad, but it's not like the plot is a bad fit with the series.

BTW, T3 sucked, so I'm not sure that another sequel can "ruin" it anymore. I'll watch this one.

The thing about this one that's ****ing me up is how they spelled genesis.

If they wanted to "reboot" or continue the series, the war against the machines is the obvious and only choice. And not like they did in Salvation. Just straight up humans and machines kicking the crap out of each other with John Connor at the helm.

I continue to say Hollywood has run out of ideas and continues to destroy franchises by letting things like this happen.

It's not about ideas, it's about finances. Blockbuster movies cost hundreds of millions of dollars and production companies don't want to risk that kind of budget on an unkown. That's why everything is either a reboot, or a comic book movie, or based on a best seller....something that's tried and true and already has a following.

There are plenty of good, original ideas, you just have to stop watching the blockbusters and start watching independent movies.

....I'll probably watch it at some point.

If I could make it through rise of the machines, I firmly believe I'll make it through this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqbOFjl7ZWE[/youtube]

The song used in the trailer is awesome...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDQ1TpirvYI[/youtube]

Last edited:
Looked more in tune with 3 than any of the others. I'll more than likely skip this one.

Looked more in tune with 3 than any of the others. I'll more than likely skip this one.

Actually, just based on what little I can see in the trailer it looks like they are going full circle. Of course they always play with scenes in trailers but, it looks like the good Arnold takes out the first Arnold that appears near the diner from the original movie. Sarah is talking about how things have changed like the timeline is off from what it's supposed to be. Looks like they're are also throwing in a t-1000 liquid terminator, maybe even a different version of it. It really could be interesting imo.

As my suspicions are confirmed, I think I'll skip this one and wait for Netflix.

This looks awful. The one with Christian Bale a few years back was pretty good and fit in better.

I don't get why everyone hates the trailer so much. I don't think it's going to be as good as 1 or 2, I would never expect that, but it didn't look bad like 3.

This looks awful. The one with Christian Bale a few years back was pretty good and fit in better.

I think had that stuck with the principle of just the war on the machines, it might have been the best in the series. I didn't care for the whole terminator/human hybrid line so much. But I found the idea of just the battle between humans and the machines and the emergence of John Connor as the leader a story worth following.

Actually, just based on what little I can see in the trailer it looks like they are going full circle. Of course they always play with scenes in trailers but, it looks like the good Arnold takes out the first Arnold that appears near the diner from the original movie. Sarah is talking about how things have changed like the timeline is off from what it's supposed to be. Looks like they're are also throwing in a t-1000 liquid terminator, maybe even a different version of it. It really could be interesting imo.

I was thinking more the tone of the film.

3 was kind of silly compared to 1-2 and Salvation. That's how this one appeared to me in the trailer.

To be fair I enjoyed 3 for what it was. I think my expectations were so low going in that it turned out better than I thought. However, the tone of the others was more compelling.

Something just seems wrong to me. I get what they are trying to do, but it just feels wrong to me.

VN Store

Back