Dumb and Dumber To

Aesius

Saw this at an advanced screening last night.

I'm a huge fan of the original, but after seeing the trailer, I felt like this was a potential flop, so I went in with low expectations.

Unfortunately, the movie was even worse than I imagined. There's really nothing memorable or quotable in the entire film, unlike the original.

The performances are bad (Carrey is decent at reprising Lloyd, but Daniels phones it in). The plot is nonsensical. The jokes fall flat. And the entire movie is lit like a Disney Channel show. It's too bright and colorful and looks cheap like a low-budget soap opera.

People who don't have such an attachment to the original may like it, and there are a few funny parts. In fact, some of the people in my theater were actually laughing their asses off. But I thought it relied too much on over the top scenarios that involved OTHER people being dumb instead of just Lloyd and Harry. It just didn't capture the spirit of the original in any way.

It's certainly better than the awful prequel that came out 10 years ago, but not by much.

Reactions: 1 person
I loved the first one. Seen it a ton. I could tell from the previews this was going to be nowhere close. Disappointing.

I didn't think it was that bad at all. There were quite a few good one-liners in there. I laughed a bunch of times and definitely wasn't like "Is this over yet" at all during it. I enjoyed it.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope it isn't too bad since my wife wants to go see it. I laughed hard at the first one but was it getting old by the ending.

i had super low expectations of this and was pleasantly surprised. not as good as the original of course, but not that bad. it's watchable if you liked the first one.

Saw this at an advanced screening last night.

I'm a huge fan of the original, but after seeing the trailer, I felt like this was a potential flop, so I went in with low expectations.

Unfortunately, the movie was even worse than I imagined. There's really nothing memorable or quotable in the entire film, unlike the original.

The performances are bad (Carrey is decent at reprising Lloyd, but Daniels phones it in). The plot is nonsensical. The jokes fall flat. And the entire movie is lit like a Disney Channel show. It's too bright and colorful and looks cheap like a low-budget soap opera.

People who don't have such an attachment to the original may like it, and there are a few funny parts. In fact, some of the people in my theater were actually laughing their asses off. But I thought it relied too much on over the top scenarios that involved OTHER people being dumb instead of just Lloyd and Harry. It just didn't capture the spirit of the original in any way.

It's certainly better than the awful prequel that came out 10 years ago, but not by much.
The only memorable scene from that movie that I can remember is when the guys sh!t all over the place..or was it just chocolate? Anywho Bob Saget screaming about sh!t everywhere is pretty funny.

The only memorable scene from that movie that I can remember is when the guys sh!t all over the place..or was it just chocolate? Anywho Bob Saget screaming about sh!t everywhere is pretty funny.

Yes. That was literally the only funny part in that movie. And if it wasnt Bob Saget it probably wouldnt have even been that funny.

Reactions: 2 people
Haven't seen it, but Daniels has been doing pretty well in the drama area for a while now. He's great as Will McAvoy in The Newsroom.

I chuckled throughout the whole movie. Carrey seemed a bit off in a comedic role like this which doesnt make sense but that's what I took from the movie. There were little things that were funny but nothing really that would make you laugh your ass off like this:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqdaijFIDvU[/youtube]

VN Store

Back