Prince - The Art Official Age

SlyStone

Everybody is a Star!
For those of you out there who are Prince Fans or just looking for a funky new album to groove to I would suggest giving Prince's newest album and ear. Stand out hits on it are of course are FunknRoll, but I really like "Breakfast can Wait", "Gold Standard" and Breakdown. This is by far Prince's funkiest works in ages. True fans will jump on this immediately. Just hoping he will tour again. When he does it's always standing room only.

Reactions: 1 person
Seen Prince many times. Got to see him do a soundcheck in Louisville once. He came off stage and sat in seat directly behind me and talked to the fans.

I put my arm around his shoulder once in a club after a concert. His body guard pick me up and threw me off the stairs. Awesome.

Best experience ever was seeing him play for hours in a tiny club in DC in late 90s. He had Larry Graham and many of the Family Stone playing with him at that time. Chaka Khan and Doug E. Fresh as well. Just talented beyond belief.

Anyway, I have the new cd and like a few of the songs. U Know, Way Back Home, and Time. Just don't care much for the direction of his last few cd's. Nothing that stays with you. I still listen to his older stuff regularly and lots of bootleg material. The second cd he put out this week has a good song called AnotherLove on it. Lots of overdrive guitar.

I need to see him in concert one more time before he (and I) get way too old. Best ever performer in my opinion.

The thing that concerns me about another Prince tour nowadays is will he even perform a lot of his older stuff anymore? Or will him being an artist, want to play some of his newer or more experimental material?

The GOAT IMO. The one artist that I have to see before I die, I really wish he would come to Louisville soon.

Prince is a top 5 guitarist of all time imo, but where he is musically now I just can't get on board with.

Saw him at Thompson Boling in 04 I think, and it was pretty incredible.

Prince is a top 5 guitarist of all time imo, but where he is musically now I just can't get on board with.

Saw him at Thompson Boling in 04 I think, and it was pretty incredible.

Random bump... I was at that TBA show, Musicology tour. He gave away a copy of that album and it was a stellar show. Rhonda and John Blackwell were tight. I brought a friend, a drummer who is a die-hard rock guy (Rush, Zeppelin, etc...). He thought Prince was "wussy" music. He walked out saying it was the most amazing show he'd ever seen.

Random bump... I was at that TBA show, Musicology tour. He gave away a copy of that album and it was a stellar show. Rhonda and John Blackwell were tight. I brought a friend, a drummer who is a die-hard rock guy (Rush, Zeppelin, etc...). He thought Prince was "wussy" music. He walked out saying it was the most amazing show he'd ever seen.

He is a great guitarist and performer. I hadn't heard of him until mid 80s. My wife said she had been a fan since late 70s.

VN Store

Back