Cheap Trick

volinbham

VN GURU
Any fans?

I saw them Sunday in Bham and I know they played tonight in K-town.

The show was awesome. Saw them on Austin City Limits last year and they rocked which motivated me to go.

Saw them in K-town in 79 or 80 for the "Surrender" tour. They played the coliseum the night before Clapton (bad booking).

Still rocking after 40 plus years.

Cheap Trick are fantastic. Their live show is a ton of fun. Zander's voice hasn't held up all that well, but it really doesn't matter.

They were the last act to play at 328 in Nashville before it closed. That was a memorable night for me.

Great band. I was in their hometown of Rockford, IL last month and spoke to a couple of guys who grew up with them. Said they are great people as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Cheap Trick are fantastic. Their live show is a ton of fun. Zander's voice hasn't held up all that well, but it really doesn't matter.

They were the last act to play at 328 in Nashville before it closed. That was a memorable night for me.

Actually, Zander's voice was in really good shape the other night. Hell, the guy is 61!

Great band. I was in their hometown of Rockford, IL last month and spoke to a couple of guys who grew up with them. Said they are great people as well.

Yeah, I lived in the same neighborhood (in Rockford) as Rick Nielsen. I used to see him at the grocery store.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, Zander's voice was in really good shape the other night. Hell, the guy is 61!

That's good to hear.

I've seen them a few times over the past 10 or so years, and it seemed like each time he was straining just a bit more than the time before. But it doesn't change the fact that he's still an awesome performer.

I feel the same way about Roger Daltrey. He can't hit the notes he used to, but his performances are still other-worldly.

VN Store

Back