American Sniper

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Bradley Cooper as Navy Seal sniper Chris Kyle. The trailer is pretty intense

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtrhRRw53Y[/youtube]

I've read Kyle' book and there's plenty to work with in there. Definitely had potential

Comes out at Christmas

Bradley Cooper as Navy Seal sniper Chris Kyle. The trailer is pretty intense

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtrhRRw53Y[/youtube]

Shoot that kid!

That's honestly got to be one of the best trailers I've seen.

a960a0ac740d9b1e1a6250ec130b3ea4a7c0f2a79de6a058feb55eeaded97408.jpg

My God, what an incredible movie about an extraordinary guy. I read the book a few years ago and could not wait to see it play out on screen. Cooper did a terrific job. I know some people on this board will have a problem with it, but that dude is the personification of sacrifice!

I can't wait to see this movie, it looks like it will be great. Chris Kyle was an amazing soldier. I haven't read American Sniper, but in Marcus Luttrell's book "Service" he talks about how Chris Kyle would put on Marine BDU's and be the point man for some Marine units when they were going house to house through Fallujah. Such a tragedy how he died.

I didn't read his book but saw the time when Chris Kyle was being interviewed on FNC's Bill O'Reilly's the Factor. I was shocked to learn of his death & how it happened. I can't wait to see this movie as well. >>> UPDATE: Chris Kyle's father will be on FNC's Hannity's show tonight (10et) for an interview.

Last edited:
One of the few movie previews that have given me the itch to endure inflated prices of food and tickets to see in the theater

Reactions: 1 person
I can't wait to see this. The trailers look amazing. I looked up the real guy and read that he was murdered last year. That's crazy.

I have to tell you, it's an incredible film. Very well done and very well acted. Some of the war scenes are pretty intense...The ending....Man, talk about irony....

I read where Eastwood had to re-write the ending because ole dude got murdered while they filming.

Last edited:
I posted this already just my thoughts on the movie..

Watched American Sniper the other night, very well done film. I already knew his story I don't read books but have read articles and things about Kyle.. Great movie.. Bradley Cooper should get awards for this one.. I already know what these guys go thru but this film breaks it down, great American hero..

Spoiler to True story? Wouldn't that be kind of like saying Abe Lincoln dying at the end of Lincoln is a spoiler? My bad since you didn't know the story though, I'll put a warning.

Here's an excerpt from Marcus Luttrell's book Service, showing another instance of how Chris Kyle was a bad ass:

On a bitterly cold morning in early January of 2009, the war, in a sense, found Chris again. What happened to him not far from his home outside Dallas never made the news, since the town involved didn’t want the publicity, but the incident certainly would have made national headlines had a reporter ever gotten a tip about it.

Chris was minding his own business, fueling his pickup truck at a gas station, when he found himself at gunpoint. Two men holding pistols demanded his truck. Law enforcement will usually advise you to give in to the criminal in a situation like this. And that’s good advice. But Chris took another route. Very calmly and coolly, he sized up which of the men was handling his pistol more comfortably. He put his hands up and told them he was going to reach into the truck to get his keys. Then his hand went under his coat.

From a waistband holster, he pulled his Colt 1911. Swinging the pistol under his left armpit, he gave each robber two .45 caliber Hydra-Shock hollow-points to the chest. By the time the cops responded to the 911 call from the terrified lady who had locked herself in a car behind Chris’s truck, the matter was settled. Elapsed time: about ten seconds. The service station’s security cameras caught the whole thing.

I pray for anyone whose life gets so desperate that he or she chooses to resort to a life of crime, but it’s hard to resist a little cold laughter all the same: I mean, how unlucky a dumbass do you have to be to target a random guy for felony armed assault and find out he’s killed more people than smallpox?

Read more here: Crime Time: Did slain "American Sniper" fatally shoot two armed robbers in 2009?

Here's an excerpt from Marcus Luttrell's book Service, showing another instance of how Chris Kyle was a bad ass:

On a bitterly cold morning in early January of 2009, the war, in a sense, found Chris again. What happened to him not far from his home outside Dallas never made the news, since the town involved didn’t want the publicity, but the incident certainly would have made national headlines had a reporter ever gotten a tip about it.

Chris was minding his own business, fueling his pickup truck at a gas station, when he found himself at gunpoint. Two men holding pistols demanded his truck. Law enforcement will usually advise you to give in to the criminal in a situation like this. And that’s good advice. But Chris took another route. Very calmly and coolly, he sized up which of the men was handling his pistol more comfortably. He put his hands up and told them he was going to reach into the truck to get his keys. Then his hand went under his coat.

From a waistband holster, he pulled his Colt 1911. Swinging the pistol under his left armpit, he gave each robber two .45 caliber Hydra-Shock hollow-points to the chest. By the time the cops responded to the 911 call from the terrified lady who had locked herself in a car behind Chris’s truck, the matter was settled. Elapsed time: about ten seconds. The service station’s security cameras caught the whole thing.

I pray for anyone whose life gets so desperate that he or she chooses to resort to a life of crime, but it’s hard to resist a little cold laughter all the same: I mean, how unlucky a dumbass do you have to be to target a random guy for felony armed assault and find out he’s killed more people than smallpox?

Read more here: Crime Time: Did slain "American Sniper" fatally shoot two armed robbers in 2009?

Good stuff

A lot if people that knew Chris have been going on record saying he lied about all kinds of stuff... Like the gas station shooting, shooting looters from on top of the super dome during Katrina, and punching Jesse Ventura.

I posted this already just my thoughts on the movie..

Watched American Sniper the other night, very well done film. I already knew his story I don't read books but have read articles and things about Kyle.. Great movie.. Bradley Cooper should get awards for this one.. I already know what these guys go thru but this film breaks it down, great American hero..

Huh?

You don't read books?

A lot if people that knew Chris have been going on record saying he lied about all kinds of stuff... Like the gas station shooting, shooting looters from on top of the super dome during Katrina, and punching Jesse Ventura.
Yeah, it seems that both the gas station story and the Ventura story have been proven to be made up stories.

I don't doubt that Kyle was an amazing person, but he was also a sociapthic liar. I still want to see the movie.

VN Store

Back