Zombieland 2

TrueOrange

Apparently, it's happening according to Sony Pictures' instagram account:

Instagram

sonypictures

3 hours ago · Sony Pictures Studios

Exciting news: #Zombieland2 is happening! Watch for more exciting updates from #SonyPictures!

Reactions: 1 person
'Zombieland 2' Returns from the Dead | Rope of Silicon

I don't rank my favorite movies very often, but if I were to do so, Zombieland would find a place on the list as one of my go-to comedies. I first saw the movie back in 2011, and I loved every minute of it.

Perhaps that was due to my nonexistent expectations -- combined with the fact I purchased it blind from Best Buy during a $5 sale because I had just gone through a breakup and was in the mood for some laughs and, well, sitting on the shelf was a movie about zombies, and with Emma Stone on the cover I saw no reason not to grab it. What ensued was one hell of a riotous Friday night in with my brother. Suffice to say, there's been a spot in my heart for Zombieland ever since.

Well, five years after the film hit theaters -- almost to the date actually -- it looks like a long-discussed but never green-lit sequel is finally taking a step forward, as Sony has hired The Expendables scribe Dave Callaham to pen the script for Zombieland 2. Callaham, who also received a story credit for this summer's Godzilla, will be supervised by none other than Ruben Fleischer, who is expected to return to the director's chair for the sequel.

High praise and box-office success for Fleischer's original zombie comedy sparked sequel talk shortly after the film's release, but nothing much came of it. Originally conceived as a television series before becoming a feature film, Zombieland went back to the small screen in 2013 as one of Amazon Studio's flagship streaming pilots, but wasn't picked up for series.

I had a chance to watch the pilot episode when it first aired, and while it showed mild potential it was by no means an out-and-out hit, and as you might recall from Variety, it was basically "hated out of existence" by its vocal viewership.

However, now that the property will be returning to the silver screen, maybe it will have a better chance at survival. No word yet on where the story will go in the sequel, but it's probably a safe bet that the original cast -- comprised of Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin -- is unlikely to return, at least not in its entirety, given they've all moved on to even greater success in recent years. But as we've become used to with Zombieland, we'll just have to play the waiting game to see what happens.

I love the first one, and it's not a stretch at all to make a sequel. I'd like to see the characters reach permanent safety.

I'll be happy either way, but I hope it's the same gang and they decide to go that direction, with a couple cool cameos that could hopefully do the original came a fraction of justice.

Love this idea, I hope they can get the cast back though or at least part of it. It wouldn't be the same starting a whole new cast.

The Bill Murray cameo was my favorite part of the first one

Get Woody and Abigail Breslin at least. She's grown up quite a bit, and out(big tatas), and they could have a good father figure/daughter type of chemistry. I'd prefer the entire cast, but if Emma Stone and Jesse Eisenberg didn't come back, you could at least envision them in some type of "happily ever after".

Get rid of Eisenberg. He's the same in every role. Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray made that movie.

Get Woody and Abigail Breslin at least. She's grown up quite a bit, and out(big tatas), and they could have a good father figure/daughter type of chemistry. I'd prefer the entire cast, but if Emma Stone and Jesse Eisenberg didn't come back, you could at least envision them in some type of "happily ever after".

How do you explain having just one of the sisters in the movie?

How do you explain having just one of the sisters in the movie?

Columbus and Wichita have settled down somewhere while Tallahassee and Little Rock continue to look for other survivors/somewhere truly safe. Maybe have cameos by Eisenberg and Stone at the end of the movie.

Lots of time has passed. The sisters have grown up. They don't have to be attached at the hip to still be sisters.

But that's really a "budget doesn't allow" situation. If the budget allows it, I say bring 'em all back. If you have to pick, I'd pick Tallahassee and Little Rock because I think there's a father/daughter aspect you could play up with him being a bit overprotective of her, but trying to hide it. At the same time, they fuel each others' smart ass personalities. Overall, I just think there's a lot more interesting storytelling that could come from those two characters than the other two. But again, if budget allows, bring back all four and continue their adventures.

But that's really a "budget doesn't allow" situation. If the budget allows it, I say bring 'em all back. If you have to pick, I'd pick Tallahassee and Little Rock because I think there's a father/daughter aspect you could play up with him being a bit overprotective of her, but trying to hide it. At the same time, they fuel each others' smart ass personalities. Overall, I just think there's a lot more interesting storytelling that could come from those two characters than the other two. But again, if budget allows, bring back all four and continue their adventures.
I kinda like that idea especially since he had lost a kid in the first one it makes sense him being protective of her. Then they could introduce a new male character that falls for her and you've got the dad dealing with his daughters first boyfriend type thing. A lot of ways to go with that idea.

All I know is Emma Stone better be in it. Same with WH. Idk why they wouldn't have all 4 returning though? Either way I'll still watch it.

VN Store

Back