RIP Joan Rivers

Is it just me or was this kinda sudden?

A funny lady. Fought hard to make a name for herself when female comics were few. Found a way to change with the times.

RIP Joan.

Is it just me or was this kinda sudden?

A funny lady. Fought hard to make a name for herself when female comics were few. Found a way to change with the times.

RIP Joan.

She has been in a coma for about a week I believe.

I can remember listening to one of her comedy albums that my brother had (or borrowed) on vinyl.

I will always remember the phrase from that album "more chins than a Chinese phone book"

RIP

She has been in a coma for about a week I believe.

I can remember listening to one of her comedy albums that my brother had (or borrowed) on vinyl.

I will always remember the phrase from that album "more chins than a Chinese phone book"

RIP

Ah I see... out of the news loop I guess. Get tired of filtering through the trash on networks and cable...

I was never a fan of hers. Found her kind of of annoying to tell the truth.

However, she was a Hollywood icon. Always sad to hear when of those passes on.

RIP Joan.

I was never a fan of hers. Found her kind of of annoying to tell the truth.

However, she was a Hollywood icon. Always sad to hear when of those passes on.

RIP Joan.

I think you summed it up best.

I saw something tonight about how close she was to Johnny Carson, until Fox gave her a show that went up against Johnny. She said that Johnny never spoke to her again. He would call her and hang up on her.

Really dont get everyones love of her. She was really like nails on a chalkboard to me

Won't be missed here in Kansas City:

When the caustic comedian, who died Thursday at 81, did two shows at the Midland theater in Kansas City in 1983, all had apparently gone well.

She made jokes at the expense of Prince Charles, Amy Carter, Richard Simmons, Elizabeth Taylor (of course) and herself. Along with the Smothers Brothers and Jim Stafford, she raised money for a school for handicapped kids.

But then two years went by, and at a concert at London’s Royal Albert Hall, Rivers unloaded on not just Kansas City but the entire Midwest.

“I just played Kansas City,” she reportedly said. “The only time you want to visit there is if you’re going to make an emergency landing in a plane crash.

“I just played Kansas City,” she reportedly said. “The only time you want to visit there is if you’re going to make an emergency landing in a plane crash.

“They are really dumb there. Americans are smart on both coasts, but then as you move to the center of the country, the people get dumber and dumber and dumber. And the apex of stupidity is Kansas City."

Classy

I love Joan Rivers. Funny as hell. I love watching overly sensitive people foam at the mouth over her insults.

"My sex life is fantastic! If I can find a partner it will be even better!" - J Rivers

I love people who get offended by comedians on any level, especially with comedians who openly say they are mean in their acts. That's like going to see Richard Pryor and getting mad at the drug talk or Louis C.K. and saying you don't like his swearing

Obama and Michelle must be dancing on her grave. There was a comedy skit I saw the other day where they blamed Obama for killing Rivers.

I love people who get offended by comedians on any level, especially with comedians who openly say they are mean in their acts. That's like going to see Richard Pryor and getting mad at the drug talk or Louis C.K. and saying you don't like his swearing

I wasn't offended by her. Just didn't think she was very funny.

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't offended by her. Just didn't think she was very funny.

and there's nothing wrong with that, everyone has their own comedic taste, but most people use the "I'm offended" line when they just don't find it funny instead, especially when a lot of other people DO find it funny. As Rivers was viewed by most, easily one of the 3 best female stand ups of all time, if not the best.

VN Store

Back