Superhero Bracketology - Championship - (1) The Avengers v (1) The Dark Knight

Championship - (1) The Avengers v (1) The Dark Knight

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
Continuing the bracket style tournament of superhero movies (32 movies in total). Vote for your favorite to advance.

This is the Championship Match-Up:

(1) The Avengers (2012)

RT - 92%
IMDb - 8.2/10

the-avengers.jpg

vs.

(1) The Dark Knight (2008)

RT - 94%
IMDb - 9/10

The+Dark+Knight+%282008%29+Why+So+Serious+Teaser.jpg

Last edited:
The Dark Knight was good, but some of its hype comes from the untimely death of Heath Ledger. He did a great job in the movie, but you can't let sentiment cloud your judgement. Avengers all the way.

Reactions: 1 person
The Dark Knight was good, but some of its hype comes from the untimely death of Heath Ledger. He did a great job in the movie, but you can't let sentiment cloud your judgement. Avengers all the way.

I actually waited a pretty long time to watch TDK, as I didn't want his death influencing me. But he was brilliant, if he didn't pull off the performance he did, the movie would have totally sucked. IMO

The Dark Knight movie is the greatest superhero movie to date. Avengers is second no doubt and the top two definitely deserved to be here. But the gap between the two is huge.

I don't know about that. The Avengers took the leap from one hero to multiple heroes and made it work. No one character stole the show, IMO.

I like both of these but I think the Avengers is the better movie IMO

For the general audience I would agree that Ledger's death helped at the box office.

However, I think the movie really struck a chord with comic book fans. Especially the way it worked in Harvey Dent and Two Face as well as nodding to Scarecrow from Begins.

I actually voted Avengers just to be contrary because I though TDK would run away with it. Surprised to see it leading by 3.

It's pretty obvious that people are voting for the avengers because it was too likely from the beginning that the dark
Knight would eventually win. People just wanna spice it up

Barack Obama preferred The Avengers over The Dark Knight. A vote for The Avengers is a vote for Obama.

Barack Obama preferred The Avengers over The Dark Knight. A vote for The Avengers is a vote for Obama.

Actually, Barry role plays as The Dark Knight with Michelle. Don't come a knockin' when the Dark Knight Rises.

Avengers is a great flick, especially for the summer popcorn type movie, but Dark Knight is easily the best comic book movie ever made. To just call it a comic book movie doesn't do it justice.

Reactions: 2 people
Dark Knight. Avengers is really good and pretty funny, but Dark Knight was honestly worthy of an Oscar nomination. It had great acting, directing, and was a crowd-pleaser with social/political commentary.

I fell asleep at Avengers, btw. A few too many beers at dinner.

Dark Knight. Avengers is really good and pretty funny, but Dark Knight was honestly worthy of an Oscar nomination. It had great acting, directing, and was a crowd-pleaser with social/political commentary.

I fell asleep at Avengers, btw. A few too many beers at dinner.

Thanks for evening this match up Huff.

VN Store

Back