Worst Miscasts in movies

Brave Volunteer

Which actors or actresses do you think were horribly miscast in films? For me I have 3 that immediately come to mind...

1.) Jack Black as Carl Denham in King Kong. I have always thought he looked out of place in that movie.

2.) Tom Hanks as Robert Landon in The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons (always thought Harrison Ford would have been a much better choice).

3.) James Franco in Return to Oz (I never thought he was convincing in that role).

I thought Clooney as Batman was funny, but Arnold as Mr. Freeze was actually more annoying to me.

Costner as Robin Hood. Family loved it...I hate it.

and that skinny red headed dude who played a geek in some movies (you **** on my house man, you **** on my house--was one quote he had to the dude who was trying to be cool at high school and paid a girl to date him)
But in one movie, a gang is beating up a dude introducing him to capueto (some cheesy movie you get stuck watching), and skinny red headed dude is part of a Brazilian gang beating up other dudes. I always figured his dad was in show business.

and that skinny red headed dude who played a geek in some movies (you **** on my house man, you **** on my house--was one quote he had to the dude who was trying to be cool at high school and paid a girl to date him)
But in one movie, a gang is beating up a dude introducing him to capueto (some cheesy movie you get stuck watching), and skinny red headed dude is part of a Brazilian gang beating up other dudes. I always figured his dad was in show business.

Can't buy me Love is the movie

Can't buy me Love is the movie

that's it. He's a dweeb in that movie, and a Brazilian gangster is whatever movie it was with a teacher trying to help gangster kids and ends up fighting some dude wearing boots, pants up to his ribs and has a mullet.

I'm terrible with names, but have many images.

His name is Courtney Gains (who the hell names a boy Courtney???). He was great as "Malachai" in Children of the Corn.

Christopher Lloyd and John Larroquette as Klingons in Star Trek III. Not so much mis-cast as they raised questions of "WTF?"

that's it. He's a dweeb in that movie, and a Brazilian gangster is whatever movie it was with a teacher trying to help gangster kids and ends up fighting some dude wearing boots, pants up to his ribs and has a mullet.

I'm terrible with names, but have many images.

Only the strong.

Denise Richards as a brilliant scientist in whatever Bond movie she was in. Yeah I get she was cast to be a Bond girl, but not only was she a crappy actor in general, trying to buy her as a scientist was hilarious.

Ben Affleck as Daredevil. Time will tell if it's true about Batman.

Reactions: 1 person
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Not that he's not likable in the X-Men movies, but he's completely missed the mark. Wolverine is supposed to be a very morally complicated guy who is quick to anger. Part of his personality is manifest in the fact that he's 5' 3", but vicious. He's basically an anti-hero. The Hugh Jackman version is a hunky 6' 4" frontrunner.

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Not that he's not likable in the X-Men movies, but he's completely missed the mark. Wolverine is supposed to be a very morally complicated guy who is quick to anger. Part of his personality is manifest in the fact that he's 5' 3", but vicious. He's basically an anti-hero. The Hugh Jackman version is a hunky 6' 4" frontrunner.

Yep.

Sort of like Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, another miscast. Reacher is supposed to be a big, ugly guy. Not some handsome midget.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back