Superhero Bracketology - Rd 2 - (3) Superman v (7) Man of Steel

2nd Round - (3) Superman v (7) Man of Steel

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
Continuing the bracket style tournament of superhero movies (32 movies in total). Vote for your favorite to advance.

This is the 1st Region.

This is a 2nd Round match-up:

(3) Superman (1978)

RT - 93%
IMDb - 7.4/10

Movie-Poster-Superman.jpg

vs

(7) Man of Steel (2013)

RT - 56%
IMDb - 7.3/10

Superman+Man+of+Steel+Character+Movie+Posters+-+Henry+Cavill+as+Superman.jpg

Last edited:
That original Superman movie was just so iconic in my youth. Hard to vote for Man of Steel, though I think I liked it more than a lot of people.

Reactions: 1 person
Superman. No contest.

The original truly captured the spirit of Superman while Man of Steel tried to make him more like Batman. Outside of the action sequences I was very disappointed in a lot of the creative liberties Snyder took with the Superman mythos.

That original Superman movie was just so iconic in my youth. Hard to vote for Man of Steel, though I think I liked it more than a lot of people.

Same here. Superman is a classic. Outstanding cast too.

His disguise is awesome though...flip hair in opposite direction and put on glasses. Oh **** where did Superman go?

His disguise is awesome though...flip hair in opposite direction and put on glasses. Oh **** where did Superman go?

Haha, Agreed... I always thought that was a comical point in the movies and comics.

I am still waiting for the "Death of Superman". One of my favorite comics of all time.

I picked MOS because the villian was, in my opinion, one of the all-time great performances. Michael Shannon stole the movie.

Born in '79 and grew up on the Donner Superman films. However I don't think they have aged well. The comical/fun Superman that those films were based on from '60's & '70's comics hasn't been in the funny pages in a very long time.

Man of Steel finally brought the Superman that was familiar with seeing in the comics from the early '09's to today. It also finally brought Warner Bros./DC to their senses and spinning out a comprehensive Cinematic Universe.

Love the Donner/Reeve Superman but I went with Man of Steel.

Nostalgia says vote for Superman, but the action and effects in MoS were damn good. Plus I like the edgier Superman of MoS because he's not the classic boy scout.

VN Store

Back