Superhero Movie Bracketology - Round 1 - (2)Dark Knight Rises v (7)Amzng Spider-Man 2

1st Round - (2) Dark Knight Rises v (7) Amazing Spider-Man 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
Continuing the bracket style tournament of superhero movies (32 movies in total). Vote for your favorite to advance.

This is the fourth "region".

This is a 1st Round match-up:

(2) The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

RT - 88%
IMDb - 8.6/10

7.jpg

vs

(7) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

RT - 53%
IMDb - 7.2/10

the_amazing_spiderman_2_by_sumitsjc-d61k7qm.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna vote for batman on all of these except maybe if we had Batman and robin or batman returns....I'm still a little hurt no batman forever in this. Its my favorite

I'm gonna vote for batman on all of these except maybe if we had Batman and robin or batman returns....I'm still a little hurt no batman forever in this. Its my favorite

Batman and Batman Returns (1992) were good and decent movies, respectfully. The next two were cinematic sins.

Last edited:
Batman and Batman Returns (1992) was a good and decent movies, respectfully. The next two were cinematic sins.

I disagree with batman returns it was to dark...now batman forever was awesome tommy Lee Jones did outstanding and jim carry was a good riddler. It was also bright and vibrant like a comic. I've seen like 80 times at least.

I disagree with batman returns it was to dark...now batman forever was awesome tommy Lee Jones did outstanding and jim carry was a good riddler. It was also bright and vibrant like a comic. I've seen like 80 times at least.

Batman forever
When the heck did two face ever have those girl accomplices?
It was mediocre at best riddler was crap and so was two face.

Batman Returns was too dark? Are you kidding me!!
That's how it's suppose to be ....it's freakin' Gotham.
Batman Forever was garbage.

Reactions: 1 person
Went with Amazing Spider-Man 2 nothing against Rises but I thought it went about 10-15 minutes to long with useless filler. I particular am thinking of the whole scenes with the trial presided over by Scarecrow/Dr. Crane. There were more but I can't remember them as I was so disappointed in the film.

How can a movie with so many damn little penguins running around be deemed "too dark"? Absurd? Absolutely. Too dark? Not even close.

Lol. Two Face had like one scene. And then he was gone.

From what I recall he got more than one scene but he was underused.
He was basically you'll get to play in the final 2:15 of a football game.

How the hell does bane damage a freakin pillar if he's not meant to be super powered?

From what I recall he got more than one scene but he was underused.
He was basically you'll get to play in the final 2:15 of a football game.

How the hell does bane damage a freakin pillar if he's not meant to be super powered?

He's awesome. That's how.

I'm a Hugh two face fan... it was kinda like venom in SM3 it wasn't necessary and done bad.

Still had more time, used better in the plot, and at least they said his damn name.

So I'll disagree he's another venom much like the garbage sm 3.

VN Store

Back