Superhero Movie Bracketology - Round 1 - (2) Spider-Man 2 vs. (7) Man of Steel

1st Round - (2) Spider-Man 2 vs. (7) Man of Steel

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

95 Vol Alum

Go Big Vols!
I've decided to do a bracket style tournament of superhero movies (32 movies in total). Vote for your favorite to advance. I will post a thread for each match-up so I can use the poll feature for results.

This is a 1st Round match-up:

(2) Spider-Man 2 (2004)

Rotten Tomatoes - 94%
IMDb - 7.4/10

20130510136819931315612.jpg

vs.

(7) Man of Steel (2013)

Rotten Tomatoes - 56%
IMDb - 7.3/10

Man-of-Steel-movie-poster.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm... Didn't realize Man of Steel got such a low Rotten Tomatoes score.

MOS as a 7? Really? I'm seeing an obvious Marvel bias here. I'm close to calling shenanigans on this whole contest.

The seeding was done using a mix of the RT and IMDb ratings. I haven't seen MOS so any bias would be on that.

Spiderman 2 was also a fun one to watch. It all fell down when Spiderman 3 hit the screens.

Man of Steel was about as entertaining as Superman Returns. I don't know why everyone had a problem with Brandon Routh.

Spiderman 2 was also a fun one to watch. It all fell down when Spiderman 3 hit the screens.

Man of Steel was about as entertaining as Superman Returns. I don't know why everyone had a problem with Brandon Routh.

Because he as trying to be Christopher reeve but we can blame Bryan singer for deciding to make a lose sequel along with the unoriginality.

Man of steel
The action was far better, also this had a logical reason for why zod was killed.

The rami spider man movies I can't stand.

Reactions: 1 person

Routh was ok.

Super baby? Not so much.

I loved Man of Steel!! Its the first film I actually went and saw twice in theater.

I know some don't like it, yet know one is ever able to give a good reason why?

I loved Man of Steel!! Its the first film I actually went and saw twice in theater.

I know some don't like it, yet know one is ever able to give a good reason why?

I recall someone listing the physics of why Lois should have been injured or died during the fall near the corn fields.

Also about the whole no consequences with destruction along with superman killing.
The zod was suicide by cop and another doomsday in the way of not killing him would result in a vast amount of deaths.
Aftermath of destruction and repairs addressed in the next movie with no doubt Luther spinning it you see superman is a damn menace aliens can't be trusted, cleans Up the mess by paying the repair bill so he'll look like the hero or white knight.

Last edited:
I recall someone listing the physics of why Lois should have been injured or died during the fall near the corn fields.

Also about the whole no consequences with destruction along with superman killing.
The zod was suicide by cop and another doomsday in the way of not killing him would result in a vast amount of deaths.

People who bring up physics in a movie about superheroes are retarded. It's as if a guy flying and being made of steel and having heat vision is logical, yet a woman surviving a fall is just too much to fathom.

Story time over.

Last edited:
People who bring up physics logic in a movie about superheroes are retarded.

Story time over.

The others I suppose are this is the same damn story.

Which is pathetic.
Two face and bane were used in the Nolan batman series again, plot was vastly different, and superior interpretations of the characters.

I may be crazy, but I thought Zod was a great villain too. Michael Shannon is a very good actor and played the part perfectly.

The others I suppose are this is the same damn story.

Which is pathetic.
Two face and bane were used in the Nolan batman series again, plot was vastly different, and superior interpretations of the characters.

I'll disagree on two face. Tommy Lee Jones did a much better job. He honestly acted like a psychopath

I'll disagree on two face. Tommy Lee Jones did a much better job. He honestly acted like a psychopath

Well the two female accomplices didn't help, neither did who the director was so I guess he's the Small sunshine in a movie that is pathetic.

VN Store

Back