When The Game Stands Tall

Coug

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT0aE4iAnJo[/youtube]

Looks like a decent movie.

BTW Jim Caviezel should have been Jack Reacher and not that douche Tom Cruise.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT0aE4iAnJo[/youtube]

Looks like a decent movie.

BTW Jim Caviezel should have been Jack Reacher and not that douche Tom Cruise.

Not really cruise has a proven resume of playing action heroes.
Though I still wonder why they didn't cast a tall actor as Jack reacher is a tall character.

This is being called Hoosiers meets Friday night lights. So high expectations.
Perfect timing to have this near the start of college and nfl football..

Not really cruise has a proven resume of playing action heroes.
Though I still wonder why they didn't cast a tall actor as Jack reacher is a tall character.

This is being called Hoosiers meets Friday night lights. So high expectations.
Perfect timing to have this near the start of college and nfl football..

Caviezel should have been Reacher imo. After reading some of the books and learning who Reacher is and his stature and everything and then learning Cruise was playing him was just a slap in the face.

Reader reactions to 'Jack Reacher': The fans are furious - Los Angeles Times

I agree with the timing of the movie.

Caviezel should have been Reacher imo. After reading some of the books and learning who Reacher is and his stature and everything and then learning Cruise was playing him was just a slap in the face.

Reader reactions to 'Jack Reacher': The fans are furious - Los Angeles Times

I agree with the timing of the movie.

We agree to disagree, Jack reacher was still a successful movie and cruise as reacher is a guy that dash Martin Riggs leaving to pick his teeth up for a week.
If Jack reacher were real the Taliban would be getting dashed.

There are instances Cruise has gone over the line with antagonism even with being honest but seriously it's refreshing to have a straight forward speaking man in this time of PC.
I don't recall him saying get the hell away from me, get lost, or anything similar during the times of autographs. So I'll disagree with you that he's a douche.
There are politicians that envy him for that honesty.

We agree to disagree, Jack reacher was still a successful movie and cruise as reacher is a guy that dash Martin Riggs leaving to pick his teeth up for a week.
If Jack reacher were real the Taliban would be getting dashed.

Regardless of digging into Cruise's history he simply did not fit the profile for Jack Reacher. Had it been someone other than Cruise, say Jim Caviezel, they'd have already filmed the sequel and none of the real fans of Jack Reacher would have been let down at all.

That said.... I thought the season premiere of Legends was pretty darn good.

Regardless of digging into Cruise's history he simply did not fit the profile for Jack Reacher. Had it been someone other than Cruise, say Jim Caviezel, they'd have already filmed the sequel and none of the real fans of Jack Reacher would have been let down at all.

I certainly agree that Caviezel would have been a better fit than Cruise. However, unless they packed about 50 or 60 pounds of muscle on his frame, I still see him as much too small. I would instead suggest Kevin Durand. He's 6'6", has played very muscular characters, and the Reacher character is well within his range.

The best high school team I have ever seen play was a de la salle team when they had DJ Williams and Atari Callen.

Now de la salle simply bends rules and is awful to watch.

If reacher is meant to be a physical representation of a unstoppable force along with bulky muscles plus the tall height then Caviezel doesn't fit while Dwayne Johnson does, Or Karl Urban.

I certainly agree that Caviezel would have been a better fit than Cruise. However, unless they packed about 50 or 60 pounds of muscle on his frame, I still see him as much too small. I would instead suggest Kevin Durand. He's 6'6", has played very muscular characters, and the Reacher character is well within his range.

I've never seen Kevin Durand as a lead character that could hold a movie. He did a good job next to Paul Bettany in Legion though. While Jim Caviezel might not be a bigger A list actor like Cruise I think Reacher could have been his breakthrough role.

If reacher is meant to be a physical representation of a unstoppable force along with bulky muscles plus the tall height then Caviezel doesn't fit while Dwayne Johnson does, Or Karl Urban.

And yet Cruise is neither tall nor muscular so both of those guys you mentioned would be more believable still. Although not appearing as muscular, Caviezel does have the height.

tumblr_meevm8BxjX1rd8wjko1_500.jpg

Anyone end up seeing this? Me and the wife saw it tonight.

It pretty much sucked.

It had a good Christian message, but with the Kahlil McKenzie sham you see what hypocrites De La Salle represent.

VN Store

Back