Okay, so Thor is now a Woman

What's wrong with women and black people?

Look at folks avatars on this board, it seems like the two things folks love most here.

Reactions: 12 people
Technically Thor is who can hold the hammer. They aren't making the actual character female, she's a new character.

And it's comics, they change stuff all the time.

Reactions: 1 person
Technically Thor is who can hold the hammer. They aren't making the actual character female, she's a new character.

And it's comics, they change stuff all the time.

I would say "technically" only Thor, son of Odin, can be Thor. Now, if we play around with the "whoever wields Mjolnir" aspect and the powers derived from said it's a different question. I don't like the idea of simply completely changing an iconic character just for the hell of it. Thor is an established entity, son of Odin, far outside of comics.

This feels more like the kind of character reboot Battlestar Galactica did with Starbuck. Considering Starbuck is entirely a BSG character however I see that as different than a comic taking something that's outside it's universe and changing it in that manner.

Eh, we'll see if it garners any interest, which I'm sure is the point regardless.

Will only last about a year before things go back to status quo. This is clearly a marketing attempt by Marvel comics to get a sales bump. Happens all the time.

Cap has been replaced a handful of times, as recently as 2007-2009.

Thor has too. Heck, Loki was a woman a few years ago.

I would say "technically" only Thor, son of Odin, can be Thor. Now, if we play around with the "whoever wields Mjolnir" aspect and the powers derived from said it's a different question. I don't like the idea of simply completely changing an iconic character just for the hell of it. Thor is an established entity, son of Odin, far outside of comics.

This feels more like the kind of character reboot Battlestar Galactica did with Starbuck. Considering Starbuck is entirely a BSG character however I see that as different than a comic taking something that's outside it's universe and changing it in that manner.

Eh, we'll see if it garners any interest, which I'm sure is the point regardless.

If your going to change a character it should be for a logical reason not because let's try something different for the heck of it, shock value,

And when I say change I do mean something major that has remain consistent such as spider man is a ace in the area of science, Doctor Doom is brilliant and is the monarch of his country with diplomatic immunity, Wolverine has a great healing factor and the trademark claws that come out of the area of his knuckles, Hulk is a bright green Goliath that gets stronger the angrier he gets, etc.

Exactly the same as wolverine is a Canadian mutant that drinks beer, and smokes cigars.

As the saying goes if it's not broke don't fix it.
We've seen a female take over as ghost rider, now a Hispanic teen male that drives a race style car, also Loki was changed to female, there was a lady octopus made, etc.

Not sure why marvel continues to do this.

I'm more irritated that comics cost what, $4 or $5 bucks now (been a while since I've bought one) and you get half the material of the old comics.

It's a marketing ploy, is all, to get people's attention, although with all the movies out, I'm not sure why they need it.

I'm more irritated that comics cost what, $4 or $5 bucks now (been a while since I've bought one) and you get half the material of the old comics.

It's a marketing ploy, is all, to get people's attention, although with all the movies out, I'm not sure why they need it.

Yep... Pamphlet comics are out pricing themselves.

The best format is collected editions and getting those on sale.

This. No one is actually taking the time to find out the troof. There will still be a male Thor.

He'll be on hiatus for a bit. Then come back in a brand new Thor #1.

This is par for the course over at the House of (out of) Ideas.

Technically(due to retcons), the first Captain America was black. Well, he might not have been Captain America(I can't remember), but he was the first to receive the super soldier serum and wore a prototype of the Cap costume, as well as carrying Cap's original shield(which wasn't round).

I'm not shocked with falcon taking over captain America which won't be long term.

Bucky did take over as captain america, Falcon has also worked with captain America for a long amount of time so the tradition of captain America's closest allies taking over as captain America continues.

In a upcoming comic story line Thor is gonna do something to lose the right to have the hammer. The Thor we know will still be around its just that its gonna be a woman who gets control of the hammer. Rumors are that its gonna be Thor's and Loki's secret sister Angela that they recently introduced.

In a upcoming comic story line Thor is gonna do something to lose the right to have the hammer. The Thor we know will still be around its just that its gonna be a woman who gets control of the hammer. Rumors are that its gonna be Thor's and Loki's secret sister Angela that they recently introduced.

I thought it was going to be Angela too but that theory has apparently been squashed.

Here is the new Avengers line up which features both FemThor and Angela...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 3

VN Store

Back