Garth Brooks coming back

I saw on Facebook some kids saying who?? When this news was posted!

Thy don't know that during the late 80's and most of the 90's there for a while he ruled the music world!

I don't think anyone can watch "The Dance" video and not shed a tear!

Reactions: 1 person
I saw on Facebook some kids saying who?? When this news was posted!

Thy don't know that during the late 80's and most of the 90's there for a while he ruled the music world!

I don't think anyone can watch "The Dance" video and not shed a tear!

I honestly loved Garth Brook's songs. To this day I randomly bust out singing Two Pina Coladas, or "You know a dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows, and the dreamer's just a vessel..."

Reactions: 2 people
Very hard to catch lightning twice. This is why the Beatles never reunited. Wish him well though. Blame it all on my roots...

When I think of country music during the glory years, I think of Garth, George, Alan, Kenny, Tim, Clint, Brooks and Dunn, Tritt, and Toby. Today's crop that includes Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line are ruining country music.

Reactions: 2 people
When I think of country music during the glory years, I think of Garth, George, Alan, Kenny, Tim, Clint, Brooks and Dunn, Tritt, and Toby. Today's crop that includes Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line are ruining country music.

Toby Keith isn't helping.

Those guys brought it back from a low point when Lyle Lovett and KD Lang were carrying the torch.

Read an article a week ago about him selling out 5 shows in Ireland....come to find out that venue can only have 3 concerts a year. They said brooks was pissed. I don't know if it got resolved or not? This was his Big come back.

That was the low point in his career. It was like Jordan trying to play baseball.
People still don't get that the Chris Gaines was a character that Garth was going to play in a movie but it ended up getting cancelled after all the back lash etc.. and failed tie in album.

Without the internet as it is today a lot of people thought he really had changed names and genres.

People still don't get that the Chris Gaines was a character that Garth was going to play in a movie but it ended up getting cancelled after all the back lash etc.. and failed tie in album.

Without the internet as it is today a lot of people thought he really had changed names and genres.

The media never reported that info and so nobody really knew what the hell he was trying to do. He almost should have done a Pure Country approach and just played himself.

I couldn't agree more. Feel like most of today's country is not country. No steel guitar. I do like Dirks and Gary Allan.

That's a pretty good list (though I've never been a fan of Garth Brooks). When I think of country I think of..

Hank Sr, Hank Jr, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Willie Nelson, Don Williams, Conway Twitty, Dolly Parton, Dottie West, Charlie Pride, Ronnie Millsap, Kenny Rogers, Tammy Wynette, etc.

I've never been the biggest fan of country music but I respected those early country singers because they actually lived the lifestyles they often sang about. Now a days it's just a marketing tool.

VN Store

Back