Manhattan (WGN)

CagleMtnVol

Manhattan

Sunday July 27 on WGN America
currently contracted for 13-episodes

Set in 1943 at the time of the Manhattan Project, the series focuses on a New Mexico town the outside world knows nothing about. The federal government tells the scientists only what they need to know, while the scientists keep secrets from their families.

Starring:
John Benjamin Hickey
Daniel Stern
Olivia Williams
Ashley Zukerman
Rachel Brosnahan
Alexia Fast
Christopher Denham
Katja Herbers
Harry Lloyd

MANHATTAN - Teaser Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VotpgP-Pyjs[/youtube]

MANHATTAN: First Look
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBL880ipiTQ[/youtube]

WGN America Sets Multi-Channel Premiere For ‘Manhattan’

WGN America Sets Multi-Channel Premiere For ‘Manhattan’

GN America is pulling out all the stops for the premiere of its original scripted drama series Manhattan. When it debuts on Sunday, July 27, the premiere episode will be seen not only on WGN America, but also on Tribune stations in 33 markets nationwide, including WPIX/New York, KTLA/Los Angeles, WGN/Chicago, WPHL/Philadelphia and WDCW/Washington, DC, WGN America said today. From writer Sam Shaw (Masters Of Sex) and director Thomas Schlamme, Skydance TV, Tribune Studios and Lionsgate TV, the 13-episode series is set against the backdrop of the clandestine mission to build the world’s first atomic bomb in Los Alamos, NM and follows the brilliant but flawed scientists and their families. John Benjamin Hickey, Daniel Stern, Olivia Williams, Ashley Zukerman and Rachel Brosnahan star.

In addition, on July 4, WGN America will air a half-hour original special looking at the fortified secret suburban society of 1940s Los Alamos. Premiere of The Manhattan Project: Beyond The Bomb will be followed by airings on Tribune stations nationwide. After the July 27 series premiere, Manhattan will continue its 13-episode run on WGN America, Sundays at its regular time, 10 PM ET / 9 PM CT. Manhattan is executive produced by Sam Shaw, Thomas Schlamme, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Marcy Ross and Dustin Thomason.

I passed on SALEM but I will be giving this one a shot!

So apparently I was the only one who watched this pretty good series!

Anyway news on Season Two!

William Petersen Joins WGN America’s ‘Manhattan’ For TV Return

William Petersen Joins WGN America’s ‘Manhattan’ For TV Return

Former CSI star William Petersen is returning to television with a series regular role on the second season of the WGN America drama series Manhattan.

Created and written by Sam Shaw and directed by Thomas Schlamme, Manhattan is set against the backdrop of the mission to build the world’s first atomic bomb and follows the brilliant but flawed scientists and their families in Los Alamos. Petersen will play Col. Emmett Darrow, the enigmatic new ranking military officer at Los Alamos. A deeply religious and patriotic man, Darrow feels called by God to usher in the atomic future, and to spread American values across the globe.

Produced by Lionsgate Television, Skydance Television and Tribune Studios, Manhattan will begin production on its second season in New Mexico in April for a 2015 debut on WGN America.

This marks Petersen’s first TV role since leaving the mothership CSI series in 2009 after 10 seasons. He joins returning Manhattan cast members John Benjamin Hickey, Olivia Williams, Daniel Stern, Ashley Zukerman, Rachel Brosnahan, Katja Herbers, Alexia Fast, Christopher Denham, Harry Lloyd, and Michael Chernus.

The caliber of talent on WGNA series has been rising, with Christopher Meloni and Jurnee Smollett-Bell among the stars of the network’s upcoming Underground Railroad drama Underground, with Kanye West expected to be involved in music.

I watched the first couple but quickly lost interest.

I thought about dropping it as well but since it was only 13 episodes I stuck with it as it really picked up near the end of the season.

During a few episodes some of the show supposedly takes place at Oak Ridge.

Apparently I'm the only one watching this! If it was airing on AMC instead of WGN everyone would be talking about it.

Season 2 currently holds a 92% Fresh rating on Rotton Tomatoes!

William Petersen has been really good this season as the new Military head of "The Hill"!

I'll give it a try,but will it be as good as Tarzan in Manhattan ?

Tarzan in Manhattan: Tarzan goes to New York to rescue the chimp Cheetah

that will be hard to beat :)

VN Store

Back