Good Adam Sandler movies

Hasn't made a good movie in over 10 years. Washed up and no longer funny. Billy Madison is an all time classic though.

Big Daddy is another good one

The Wedding Singer - Billy Idol on the plane is priceless.

The Waterboy - Fooseball is of the devil!

Little Nicky - Probably takes a certain type of humor to enjoy this film, but Hitler in a French maid costume getting a watermelon shoved up his bung hole as his eternal torture is awesome.

50 First Dates - He and Drew Barrymore just work well together on camera. Not a movie for everyone, but I liked it.

And if you enjoy inappropriate humor, which I do, That's My Boy was funny too.

And being honest, I enjoyed both the Grown Ups films as they were movies I could watch with my dad. They did a fair job of balancing out the humor for the generation gap. If I'd watched them alone, they'd probably be "meh", but watching them with him made them priceless. It's hard to find movies we can both find laughs in. And he has an infectious laugh, so when he starts laughing, I can't help but join in.

Reactions: 1 person
I like...

Big Daddy
Mr Deeds
Happy Gilmore
Billy Madison
Click
That's My Boy
Just Go With It
Waterboy
Longest Yard
50 First Dates
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Funny People

Last edited:
I was just thinking about how the Fat Pack (Rogen, Hill, Rudd, etc.) has had about a 10 year-run owning Hollywood comedy, which is pretty crazy cause it looks like there is no end in sight. Happy Madison had a good run for about 4-5 years before they started making factory-brand **** comedies. You look at guys like Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin....they only made a few good movies before starting with stupid crap like Dr. Doolittle.

My favorites:

Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Big Daddy
The Waterboy
Little Nicky
Click
Longest Yard
50 First Dates
Just Go With It

I was just thinking about how the Fat Pack (Rogen, Hill, Rudd, etc.) has had about a 10 year-run owning Hollywood comedy, which is pretty crazy cause it looks like there is no end in sight. Happy Madison had a good run for about 4-5 years before they started making factory-brand **** comedies. You look at guys like Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin....they only made a few good movies before starting with stupid crap like Dr. Doolittle.

Steve Martin went on to make more Dramadies than the slap stick he started with.

Reign Over Me is fantastic.

I was wondering if this movie would slip through the cracks in this thread. If we're just going to judge Sandler movies by quality, it doesn't get any better than this.

Not sure if Sandler won any awards for his performance in this movie but he absolutely should have. Great movie all around.

That's why I hope guys like Rogen, McBride, Hill, and Rudd stick to what they do best. Hill will do his dramas but he'll still make the same comedy movies that made him successful.

VN Store

Back