First Karate Kid, now Annie

I see a Paul Bunyan biopic staring Martin Lawrence in the not to distant future.

Dollars to donuts this movie will be critically praised and declared the movie of the year.

Dollars to donuts this movie will be critically praised and declared the movie of the year.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I don't mind Jamie Foxx as the Daddy Warbucks character and I don't have a problem with a black Annie, but Cameron Diaz looks horribly miscast as the role Carol Burnett did wonderfully in the 1982 movie. Plus they got Sandy wrong.

I don't think this movie will be terrible, not great, but not terrible. Kinda like Karate Kid was.

I think Jamie Foxx will save this movie like Jackie Chan did the Karate Kid, though I also don't think Cameron Diaz can pull off the mean she needs to be Mrs. Hannigan properly (though comedic wise she seems to be fine)

Conceptually, Annie is about a pre-WWII orphan adopted by a millionaire. Race is only an issue because of history. Now, you can take the concept and move it ahead in time, but then the whole "orphanage" system becomes an historical issue. I don't know, it just seems to be a bizarre choice for a remake.

Sorry, but this is racist.

Yes, Annie is a redhead.

For the record Cameron Diaz makes a horrible Miss Hannigan.

They did this to the Wizard of Oz long before Karate Kid.

I'm hoping for a remake of the Wayans bro movie, White Chicks. The remake should be called Black Chicks and star Chris and Liam Hemsworth.

VN Store

Back