James Taylor tunes

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
Throughout my life, I've enjoyed all types of music. To my misfortune, I am just now getting in to this guys music. I am embarrassed and ashamed that I did not come across it earlier, as I consider myself a pretty broad music fan.

Have y'all ran across a situation like this where you find an artist that you really like, that you simply cannot fathom how you didn't discover them earlier?

I've actually seen him in concert, it's been a good while ago now, but I actually enjoyed it. I'm more of a hard rock/metal guy, but there's something soothing about that guy's music.

Yeah, his greatest hits album is fantastic. 11 years ago when I was single and working in this area, I moonlighted doing concert security. His was definitely the most mellow show I got to work.

I can't come up with a specific artist off the top of my head to relate to your situation, but I have had the same experience with classical music over the past few years. I find it very enjoyable to listen to now.

Throughout my life, I've enjoyed all types of music. To my misfortune, I am just now getting in to this guys music. I am embarrassed and ashamed that I did not come across it earlier, as I consider myself a pretty broad music fan.

Have y'all ran across a situation like this where you find an artist that you really like, that you simply cannot fathom how you didn't discover them earlier?

Cat Stevens for me. I know he goes by Yusuf Islam now. I just started to listen to him recently, and I guess it's better late than never.

I absolutely love me some James Taylor. What's your favorite song you've found so far A&M?

Edit: Would love to hear anyone's favorite JT song. I'm not anti Justin Timberlake, but in my mind, James Taylor is the ONLY JT.

My favorite song is probably "Song for you far away"

My favorite album is Mudslide Slim and the Blue Horizon

Last edited:
I really like Sweet Baby James and Well on the Hill. That folksy, country, blues, gospel mesh is really cool.

The whole Sweet Baby James album is solid. Start to finish. Country Road is a great song off that album and Blossom is probably my favorite.

"I said Blossom won't you smile sunshine down my way, lately child I've been lonesome, Blossom, it's been much too long a day. Seems my dreams have frozen, melt my cares away...."

I'm a big fan of James Taylor. It takes real talent to be on a stage with just him and his guitar. His music is so relaxing. "Fire and Rain" is one of the greatest songs ever recorded. I also like "Mexico" "You've Got a Friend" "Carolina on my Mind"

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of James Taylor. It takes real talent to be on a stage with just him and his guitar. His music is so relaxing. "Fire and Rain" is one of the greatest songs ever recorded. I also like "Mexico" "You've Got a Friend" "Carolina on my Mind" are my favorites

Im not a huge James Taylor fan but i like his songs that I've heard, those you listed especially. I will create a James Taylor Pandora station.

TXA&M07 said:

John Denver

You've Got a Friend is one of those songs that immediately makes me feel better when I hear it.

Im not a huge James Taylor fan but i like his songs that I've heard, those you listed especially. I will create a James Taylor Pandora station.[/QUOTE

Strangely enough, I did this and had it turned up a little with my office door open. Everyone that walked by stopped and listened in a little. Even the boss was enjoying it.

You've Got a Friend is one of those songs that immediately makes me feel better when I hear it.

James Taylor falls in my cheer me up category. Actually he leads the category. By miles. "Carolina In My Mind" came on the radio this morning and I immediately felt a lot better.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I really dig James Taylor and, like you, I just now found out how much I like him.

A couple others I've recently discovered I like: Willie Nelson and Paul Simon.

The generic Willie Nelson stuff is beat in to our brains from birth here in Texas. I'm to a point now where the only stuff of his I enjoy is the old old songs he first recorded.

In Texas, the holy trinity of country music is debatable but for us, its Willie-Robert Earl Keen-Stevie Ray Vaughan

Others receiving votes:

Lyle Lovett
George Strait
Janis Joplin
Bob Wills
Lightnin' Hopkins

Reactions: 1 person
The generic Willie Nelson stuff is beat in to our brains from birth here in Texas. I'm to a point now where the only stuff of his I enjoy is the old old songs he first recorded.

In Texas, the holy trinity of country music is debatable but for us, its Willie-Robert Earl Keen-Stevie Ray Vaughan

Others receiving votes:

Lyle Lovett
George Strait
Janis Joplin
Bob Wills
Lightnin' Hopkins

Townes Van Zandt doesn't even make the "others receiving votes" category for you?

VN Store

Back