What are you watching summer 2014?

Coug

Now that the majority of the winter/spring shows have ended what is everyone watching now?

I checked out the new "Night Shift" show on NBC. It's pretty bad actually in terms of being realistic. It might make one summer season simply because nothing else will be on in it's place.

Longmire is coming back on June 2nd.

I've decided to finally watch Dr. Who on Netflix. Watched the first episode of the 2005 version last night. It was a bit silly but I'm going to give it a few more episodes to hook me.

I'm watching that 70s show on netflix. At about season 7 out of 8. The first 4 or 5 seasons were pretty good and had plausible plot twists. But around season 6 and 7 it just seemed obvious they were running out of ideas. Its really frustrating that they couldn't have 4 years in high school and 4 years in college.

Reactions: 1 person
Not much right now looking forward to next month
Dominion
The Last Ship
The Leftovers

All apocalypse or mass disappearance shows.

Also Under the Dome comes back!

I've decided to finally watch Dr. Who on Netflix. Watched the first episode of the 2005 version last night. It was a bit silly but I'm going to give it a few more episodes to hook me.

Come on it should be easy to watch with Billie Piper bouncing around! :p

Remember, that Doctor Who only went 13 episodes and then there was a new doctor and possibly the best Doctor Who ever according to some (although I came to enjoy Matt Smith) in David Tennant!

Last edited:
Extant (CBS)

Looks interesting starring Halle Berry and produced by Steven Spielberg.

Berry plays an astronaut who returns to earth after a year in space and she is somehow pregnant.

Yeah, from what I've heard that's the worst Dr Who. Skip ahead to David Tennant, he's my personal favorite Dr. Who. I got into the series with him at the helm.

Not much right now looking forward to next month
Dominion
The Last Ship
The Leftovers

All apocalypse or mass disappearance shows.

Also Under the Dome comes back!

All look like interesting shows but they don't start until June 19th or later, darnit. :)

Well, still have 2 more episodes of Turn, and about 7 or so episodes of 24. Halt and Catch Fire starts Sunday, and I assume Season 4 of Hell on Wheels will be starting sometime this summer. Also the new season of Comedy Bang Bang started a few weeks ago.

Other than that, probably will catch up on shows like Justified and some movies.

Well, still have 2 more episodes of Turn, and about 7 or so episodes of 24. Halt and Catch Fire starts Sunday, and I assume Season 4 of Hell on Wheels will be starting sometime this summer. Also the new season of Comedy Bang Bang started a few weeks ago.

Other than that, probably will catch up on shows like Justified and some movies.

I'm still watching 24. It'd be cool if the viewership kept it going. Don't know how it's doing in ratings.
Haven't heard much about Halt and Catch Fire? What is it?

I'm watching that 70s show on netflix. At about season 7 out of 8. The first 4 or 5 seasons were pretty good and had plausible plot twists. But around season 6 and 7 it just seemed obvious they were running out of ideas. Its really frustrating that they couldn't have 4 years in high school and 4 years in college.

Just finished it today. After Eric and Kelso leave, it really goes downhill.

I caught the first episode of Night Shift, not to big on ER dramas. I also watched Undateable and Crossbones. Undateable had a few funny moments I expect it to be cancelled though. Crossbones has been the show I've been waiting for, hope it does well, first episode was interesting. As for shows that are upcoming this summer;

Under the Dome
Falling Skies
The Last Ship

FWBL.... surprisingly good comedy. Reminds me of a more adult how I meet ur mom.

:) Hope you enjoyed what you saw as that's all of them CBS announced Wednesday that it had pulled all remaining episodes of Friends With Better Lives and Bad Teacher from there schedule!

I caught the first episode of Night Shift, not to big on ER dramas. I also watched Undateable and Crossbones. Undateable had a few funny moments I expect it to be cancelled though. Crossbones has been the show I've been waiting for, hope it does well, first episode was interesting. As for shows that are upcoming this summer;

Under the Dome
Falling Skies
The Last Ship
I'm the same but surprisingly I really liked Night Shift.

If they keep the comedy down to a minimum I'll stick with it. It kinda gave me a M*A*S*H* vibe with how they worked the comedy and the seriousness of the job. I also kinda like the premise of a doctor doing battlefield type surgery etc. in an ER setting to save someone quicker than the norm.

Yeah, from what I've heard that's the worst Dr Who. Skip ahead to David Tennant, he's my personal favorite Dr. Who. I got into the series with him at the helm.

Actually the story wasnt bad. It was just low budget silly.

Is it worth going back to watch classic Who? I used to watch it as a kid in the 80's but really had no clue what was going on. I think I just liked the theme music and the idea of the "space ship" being a phone booth.

Under the Dome
Falling Skies
The Last Ship
I watched undateable because I'm a chris d'elia fan. It was super corny.

Actually the story wasnt bad. It was just low budget silly.

Is it worth going back to watch classic Who? I used to watch it as a kid in the 80's but really had no clue what was going on. I think I just liked the theme music and the idea of the "space ship" being a phone booth.

I tried watching it after getting into the remake but just couldn't get into it.

VN Store

Back