Scorpion (CBS)

CagleMtnVol

This could be the surprise show of the fall!!

SCORPION – SCORPION, inspired by a true story, is a high-octane drama about eccentric genius Walter O’Brien (Elyes Gabel) and his team of brilliant misfits who comprise the last line of defense against complex, high-tech threats of the modern age. As Homeland Security’s new think tank, O’Brien’s “Scorpion” team includes Toby Curtis (Eddie Kaye Thomas), an expert behaviorist who can read anyone; Happy Quinn (Jadyn Wong), a mechanical prodigy; and Sylvester Dodd (Ari Stidham), a statistics guru. Pooling their extensive technological knowledge to solve mind-boggling predicaments amazes federal agent Cabe Gallo (Robert Patrick), who shares a harrowing history with O’Brien. However, while this socially awkward group is comfortable with each other’s humor and quirks, life outside their circle confounds them, so they rely on Paige Dineen (Katharine McPhee), who has a young, gifted son, to translate the world for them. At last, these nerdy masterminds have found the perfect job: a place where they can apply their exceptional brainpower to solve the nation’s crises, while also helping each other learn how to fit in. Nick Santora, Emmy Award winner Nicholas Wootton, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Heather Kadin, Walter O’Brien, Scooter Braun and Justin Lin are the executive producers for CBS Television Studios. Justin Lin (“The Fast and the Furious”) directed the pilot.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_hJscvdXU[/youtube]

You're going to try to sell that Firefly didn't have success?

See this. If not for a huge cult following there wouldn't have been a movie. The major networks will cancel great shows before they get legs, we've seen it before.

Well it was cancelled after just 14 episodes! So during its original on air run no it wasn't a success.

I still diagree.
Hey I liked it so it was sucessful.

successful (səkˈsɛsfʊl)

— adj
having succeeded in one's endeavours
marked by a favourable outcome
having obtained fame, wealth, etc

I think these guys might agree.......

Nathan Fillion Capt. Malcolm Reynolds
Gina Torres Zoë Warren
Adam Baldwin Jayne Cobb
Alan Tudyk Hoban "Wash" Washburne
Jewel Staite Kaylee
Morena Baccarin Inara
Summer Glau River
Sean Maher Simon
Ron Glass Book
David Krumholtz Mr. Universe
Chiwetel Ejiofor The Operative (ACADEMY AWARD BEST ACTOR)

Director Joss Whedon

A world class shrink, what?

The downfall of this show might ultimately be the lead character which I've never seen personally. Not that he's not a good actor but what's attracting the audience? Robert Patrick and Katherine McPhee are the only familiar actors to me.

As far as for Firefly I'd blame the network it was on, USA. In 2003-04 USA just wasn't that big of a network. It's audience has grown over the years and the quality of shows has improved as well. I think the writers strike back in '09 really boosted the "not so watched" networks. JMO

Last edited:
As far as for Firefly I'd blame the network it was on, USA. In 2003-04 USA just wasn't that big of a network. It's audience has grown over the years and the quality of shows has improved as well. I think the writers strike back in '09 really boosted the "not so watched" networks. JMO
Firefly was on FOX!

Yeah, watched it late and it was pretty good. I think if they keep the action stuff to more reality, while focusing on the math/science it will be better.

I found myself more interested in the back story of the mom & kid.

Wondered where this thread was for a minute.

So far I have to say I really like the show. I think they might need some kind of deeper story line to go along with their weekly problem solving though otherwise the show might get repetitive.

I have a feeling they'll get one villain or a group of them once the halfway point to the season starts. Right now we're just getting the characters and their quirks down. I feel bad for the psychologist after hearing that voice mail from his ex.

Wondered where this thread was for a minute.

So far I have to say I really like the show. I think they might need some kind of deeper story line to go along with their weekly problem solving though otherwise the show might get repetitive.
I was thinking that as well when watching episode three. I like both shows, but I found myself comparing it to Forever. Forever has that deeper story line and villan, whereas Scorpion doesn't yet.

Finally got around to watching from my DVR last night and this episode was much better than the "Pilot".

VN Store

Back