Constantine (NBC)

CagleMtnVol

Constantine - Season Pilot Written/exec produced by Cerone, exec produced by Goyer and directed by Neil Marshall, Constantine centers on John Constantine (Matt Ryan), an enigmatic and irreverent con man-turned-reluctant supernatural detective who is thrust into the role of defending us against dark forces from beyond. Lucy Griffiths (Robin Hood, True Blood), Harold Perrineau (Zero Dark Thirty) and Charles Halford (True Detective) co-star. Constantine went through some ups-and-downs and was not universally liked but had enough support to clinch an order. The pickup of two new WBTV series, especially Constantine, may not bode well for sophomore Revolution, also from that studio.

Based on the DC Comics character and comic book. The character first appeared in Swamp Thing (vol. 2) #37 (June 1985), and was created by Alan Moore, Steve Bissette, and John Totleben.

"Contantine" will be premiering on Friday October 24 at 10PM ET

First Teaser Trailer

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPE2oBnzROY[/youtube]

Last edited:
Hopefully this stays truer to the character than the less than great 2005 film starring Keanu Reeves!

The early looks bode well for that to happen!

const625.jpg

Last edited:
I kind of liked the Keanu Reeves' film, but I'll certainly be interested in the upcoming series.

I guess to explain it to those that aren't familiar with character and premise it will be like a mix between Supernatural and Kolchak: The Night Stalker (for the older folks) and maybe Angel (for the younger folks?)

I kind of liked the Keanu Reeves' film, but I'll certainly be interested in the upcoming series.

It was a decent movie but it was a far cry from the source material.

John Constanine is a ripe bastard in the comics. Very cocky and sure of himself. He's a con man whose heart is not necessarily in the right place.

That is not the character portrayed in the movie.

NBC Dates Constantine for an October 24 Premiere

NBC Dates Constantine for an October 24 Premiere

NBC has officially revealed their fall schedule today and it finds their upcoming DC Comics-based show "Contantine" premiering on Friday October 24, the same night as ever popular "Grimm."

In "Constantine," based on the comic book series "Hellblazer" from DC Comics, seasoned demon hunter and master of the occult John Constantine specializes in giving hell… hell. Armed with a ferocious knowledge of the dark arts and his wickedly naughty wit, he fights the good fight – or at least he did. With his soul already damned to hell, he's decided to leave his do-gooder life behind. But when demons target Liv, the daughter of one of Constantine's oldest friends, he's reluctantly thrust back into the fray – and he'll do whatever it takes to save her. Before long, it's revealed that Liv's "second sight," an ability to see the worlds behind our world and predict supernatural occurrences, is a threat to a mysterious new evil that's rising in the shadows. And now it's not just Liv who needs protection; the angels are starting to get worried too. So, together, Constantine and Liv must use her power and his skills to travel the country, find the demons that threaten our world – and send them back where they belong. After that, who knows… maybe there's hope for him and his soul after all.

From Executive Producer David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises) and director Neil Marshall ("Game of Thrones," The Descent) comes a dark new thriller that proves fighting evil is a hell of a job. The series stars Matt Ryan, Lucy Griffiths, Harold Perrineau and Charles Halford and will air Fridays at 10 P.M. EST.

Looks good and in line with the Vertigo version of the character and not the watered down New52 version. Saw a few Easter eggs like fates helmets. Good chance that dark haired chick is Zatanna.

Be cool is there is a nod to Swamp Thing at some point.

Looks good and in line with the Vertigo version of the character and not the watered down New52 version. Saw a few Easter eggs like fates helmets. Good chance that dark haired chick is Zatanna.

Be cool is there is a nod to Swamp Thing at some point.

From an article with Geoff Johns!:good!:

Johns confirmed that the appearance of Dr. Fate’s helmet in the pilot of Constantine is an example of the rapid growth of the TV side of the DC Multiverse. “That wasn’t just an easter egg. I prefer all our easter eggs actually lead somewhere, that they’re foreshadowing. So a lot of the things we’ve planted in these series are there to lead to and introduce new characters.” That should make fans’ easter egg hunts, finding things like Waynetech referenced on The Flash and O.M.A.C. on blueprints on Arrow suddenly carrying a lot more weight. He confirmed that Gorilla Grodd will appear on The Flash, and his cage wasn’t just a throwaway reference.

Yeah, we know Grimm is good tv so it might end up being a double feature night if Constantine holds up.

What!?! Dickie Bennett is in Constantine!

Glad Jeremy Davies found something after Justified.

The lead girl in this show is smoking hot, OMG!

Will continue to watch to see where this goes. First episode didn't blow me away but pilots are generally hit or miss sometimes. Was still decent though.

Will continue to watch to see where this goes. First episode didn't blow me away but pilots are generally hit or miss sometimes. Was still decent though.

I enjoyed the pilot especially considering its a on NBC which I think lacks in the Sci fi department

I was so excited to see Dickie. Lol

Enjoyed the first episode, and I like the actor playing him. Dickie was just a bonus at this point, hopefully it gets better though, but I think as the universe builds more it will.

It also had that one guy from Lost as the Angel, so I'm cool with that.

VN Store

Back