Jason Momoa
Ezra Miller
Ray Fisher
Amy Adams
Amber Heard
J.K. Simmons
Willem Dafoe

Zack Snyder Locked For ‘Justice League’

As expected, WB has officially set its DC superhero team-up pic to follow Zack Snyder‘s Man Of Steel and its upcoming sequel Batman vs. Superman. Snyder will take the directing reins on Justice League after helming both previous films in the superhero series, WSJ confirms. Justice League will star Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman in the roles they’ve been tapped to fill for the Man of Steel sequel which is set to hit theaters on May 6, 2016. Justice League has no set release date yet.

Justice League Comic-Con Sneak Peak

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yBZKj-eo[/youtube]

Last edited:
They really need to find a way to reboot Green Lantern before moving forward with The Justice League. I know Superman, Batman, and WW were always considered the Big 3, but GL is no slouch, and he would definately add to any story involving an interstellar villain.

Braniac and Warworld could make for an interesting story. Could allow you to bring in Doomsday as well, which would make for an epic fight.

And if you're really going for a power line up, I think Martian Manhunter would be great if done properly.

Random thought, but given the origin of the character, done properly, they could make some bad ass Hawkman films. Imagine starting off at the beginning back in ancient Egypt. Throw in Nabu and Teth-Adam. A good screenwriter could have a field day with that story.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm just not a Zach Snyder fan. As long as he is helming it I'm pessimistic.

Warner Bros. Developing 9 DC Comics Movies, But What are They?
Warner Bros. Developing 9 DC Comics Movies, But What are They?

Yesterday we learned that Zack Snyder was officially set to direct Justice League for Warner Bros. It's something we all assumed would be the case, and it will be interesting to see how it develops. It's also safe to assume that the studio has quietly been developing some stand-alone comic book movies. That has now been confirmed by The Wall Street Journal who says they are currently developing nine of them. This is what the report says:

Warner has now entrusted its core superheroes to “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder, who will helm “Superman vs. Batman” and then “Justice League". It also has nine other movies based on DC comics in development.

The big question is... what nine films are they working on? An earlier report from the Wall Street Journal already said that Shazam, Metal Men, 100 Bullets, and Fables were currently in the works at Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema, so that’s four of the nine. The same article also made a note to say that a solo Wonder Woman film was not in the works, which is surprising. I thought for sure that's something they would want to do. Actress Gal Gadot is even signed on to make a Wonder Woman film eventually.

We also know that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is developing Sandman, and that Guillermo del Toro was at one point working on Justice League Dark. We just don't know if that is still on the table at the studio, but we know Del Toro was working hard on it. A movie based on the character Lobo has also long been rumored, along with Flash, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter.

There are so many other characters it's hard to tell what source material they will pull from, but it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that a rebooted solo Batman film and Green Lantern will eventually happen. The report also reconfirmed that the film and television universes will remain separate, and that digital publishing has become a major priority.

Are there any other DC Comics characters you think the studio is working on? What ones would you like to see on the big screen?

The report also reconfirmed that the film and television universes will remain separate,

I think this is a huge mistake by Warner/DC and seems to once again be narrow minded thinking by them.

Do they not see what they can do with shows like Arrow & Gotham and the upcoming Flash?

Why not make the new show Gotham the defacto origin story for Affleck's Batman and any other future villains that will be used in a new Batman stand alone film.

If you use Arrow in a Justice League film use the same actor (who has said he would like to do it) you wouldn't have do a origin story just use a five minute origin and use footage already filmed from the show!

I think this is a huge mistake by Warner/DC and seems to once again be narrow minded thinking by them.

Do they not see what they can do with shows like Arrow & Gotham and the upcoming Flash?

Why not make the new show Gotham the defacto origin story for Affleck's Batman and any other future villains that will be used in a new Batman stand alone film.

If you use Arrow in a Justice League film use the same actor (who has said he would like to do it) you wouldn't have do a origin story just use a five minute origin and use footage already filmed from the show!

I agree; I'd think they'd try to tie them in given the success Marvel is having with SHIELD and their upcoming Netflix series. Although I can sort of see how it might be hard to tie in Arrow since it had already started.

At one point, I would have thought keeping the movie and TV universes separate a smart thing, but what Marvel has done with Agents of SHIELD the past few months has changed my opinion on that.

I still think you could do a great Hawkman movie if you give it the Cap treatment and start at the character's beginning. The really cool thing about Hawkman is that given the character is always destined to be ressurected, you could do a few movies in different time periods before even reaching modern day. Set the first one at the beginning in ancient Egypt, then you could do one set during WWII featuring the JSA.

Reactions: 1 person
At one point, I would have thought keeping the movie and TV universes separate a smart thing, but what Marvel has done with Agents of SHIELD the past few months has changed my opinion on that.

I still think you could do a great Hawkman movie if you give it the Cap treatment and start at the character's beginning. The really cool thing about Hawkman is that given the character is always destined to be ressurected, you could do a few movies in different time periods before even reaching modern day. Set the first one at the beginning in ancient Egypt, then you could do one set during WWII featuring the JSA.

That does sonic interesting. Assuming you go with that origin and not the Thanagar alien one.

I agree; I'd think they'd try to tie them in given the success Marvel is having with SHIELD and their upcoming Netflix series. Although I can sort of see how it might be hard to tie in Arrow since it had already started.

They are screwing the pooch not incorporating the Flash into JL.

That does sonic interesting. Assuming you go with that origin and not the Thanagar alien one.

Well, you tie in Thanagar with the Nth Metal. Tying Thanagar into the origin opens up even more ideas down the road, but you keep with the Egyptian origin.

Another movie idea they could go with would be Adam Strange. You could eventually do a crossover and go with the Thanagarian War concept they did in comics several years ago.

Everything would be contingent on the writing, but the story could be epic.

Well, you tie in Thanagar with the Nth Metal. Tying Thanagar into the origin opens up even more ideas down the road, but you keep with the Egyptian origin.

Another movie idea they could go with would be Adam Strange. You could eventually do a crossover and go with the Thanagarian War concept they did in comics several years ago.

Everything would be contingent on the writing, but the story could be epic.

With the Egyptian angle you could then tie in Black Adam and Captain Marvel or Shazam what ever they are legally able to call him!

With the Egyptian angle you could then tie in Black Adam and Captain Marvel or Shazam what ever they are legally able to call him!

Yeah, I referred to Black Adam in another post(Teth-Adam). Also you bring in Nabu, who is basically Dr. Fate, DC's Dr. Strange. Dr. Fate also ties in with the JSA. Before I gave up comics, I remember they were doing some really cool things with the modern JSA that also tied into Black Adam.

Hawkman could potentially open up a pathway to a myriad of other characters.

Yeah, I referred to Black Adam in another post(Teth-Adam). Also you bring in Nabu, who is basically Dr. Fate, DC's Dr. Strange. Dr. Fate also ties in with the JSA. Before I gave up comics, I remember they were doing some really cool things with the modern JSA that also tied into Black Adam.

Hawkman could potentially open up a pathway to a myriad of other characters.

I think you were thinking of Hath-Set. The villain that is reincarnated and always destined to kill the Hawks.

But Geoff Johns did do good things with both Hawkman and Black Adam in JSA.

I think you were thinking of Hath-Set. The villain that is reincarnated and always destined to kill the Hawks.

But Geoff Johns did do good things with both Hawkman and Black Adam in JSA.

I know nothing of his New 52 origin, but there was a retcon done on Black Adam in the early '00's that had him serving in Khufu's court as Teth-Adam.

And I think it's always been part of his origin that he received his powers from the Egyptian gods.

I know nothing of his New 52 origin, but there was a retcon done on Black Adam in the early '00's that had him serving in Khufu's court as Teth-Adam.

Hawkman has one of the muddiest origins in all of comics. The Egyptian reincarnation is the oldest origin. I don't know what they have done post New 52 either (I'm not a big fan of anything post New 52). Hath-Set dates back to the Golden-Age though. He was an Egyptian priest who is reincarnated along with the Hawks.

I'm unaware of any connection of Black Adam and Hawkman's origins. I know Black Adam played a role in Hawkmam's return during the late 90s early 2000 JSA series. I didn't start reading that until the post Infinite Crisis relaunch when the Kingdom Come Superman was in it.

Hawkman has one of the muddiest origins in all of comics. The Egyptian reincarnation is the oldest origin. I don't know what they have done post New 52 either (I'm not a big fan of anything post New 52). Hath-Set dates back to the Golden-Age though. He was an Egyptian priest who is reincarnated along with the Hawks.

I'm unaware of any connection of Black Adam and Hawkman's origins. I know Black Adam played a role in Hawkmam's return during the late 90s early 2000 JSA series. I didn't start reading that until the post Infinite Crisis relaunch when the Kingdom Come Superman was in it.

Yeah, I'm aware of Hath-Set and his destiny to always separate the Hawks by killing one or both with a dagger of Nth metal. Black Adam was retconned into Hawkman's origin and went from being Egyptian to being from Kahndaq(probably mutilated that). He served in Khufu's court(Khufu being Hawkman's original Egyptian identity). They kept the part of Adam's origin that his powers came from the Egyptian gods and he was known as Teth-Adam(which I think they claimed meant Mighty Adam). They also incorporated Nabu into Hawkman's origin. Nabu empowered the Helmet and Amulet of Fate, thus creating Dr. Fate, and maintained a psychic connection with whomever the current Dr. Fate was through the helmet. Nabu served as Khufu's court mystic.

It is a muddy origin, but because of that, there are so many pieces you can draw into it that you can open up another large portion of the DC universe with the character. As I said before, it would depend on the screenwriter, but there's enough there to create some epic movies IMO.

VN Store

Back