Once Upon a Time

firestorm

Dorthy is making a appearance in if I recall right the two hour season finale.

Yes, it's pretty silly now, even considering the show is about fairy tales.

It still involves fairy tale characters so I don't disagree that it's silly.
Also considering we've seen vast diary tale movies this is one trying to be original.

What's silly idiotic and dumb is titles that have no freakin relation at all to the tv show or movie, or don't live up to the title.

Dorthy is making a appearance in if I recall right the two hour season finale.

A rather awkward looking Dorothy compared to the first. I think I actually like the show a little better now that Regina is on the good side. The show was far more dark in it's earlier seasons. Honestly, I used to finish watching a majority of the shows and thinking hardly anything good ever happens in it. I guess Kitsis and Horowitz finally decided to lighten it a bit.

Perhaps a minor thread title correction is in order though?

Solid thread title.

Watched the show hit/miss for a long time. Worth watching the entire thing? Parts I've seen seem cheesy but I've seen moments of some good stuff.

I think it is pretty good. I've been watching it since it started. There are some parts that you can tell they are really stretching things to make it fit, but over all I think the series is well done and a good concept.

I think it is pretty good. I've been watching it since it started. There are some parts that you can tell they are really stretching things to make it fit, but over all I think the series is well done and a good concept.

I think that it will last a good amount of time. There is so many fairy tales to stretch out.

It's not a typical "fairy tale" show as it is very dark. But this is the Lost writers that work on this show, so you should know that there will be crazy twists.

A rather awkward looking Dorothy compared to the first. I think I actually like the show a little better now that Regina is on the good side. The show was far more dark in it's earlier seasons. Honestly, I used to finish watching a majority of the shows and thinking hardly anything good ever happens in it. I guess Kitsis and Horowitz finally decided to lighten it a bit.

Perhaps a minor thread title correction is in order though?

Give 'em a break. Everybody forks up every now and then.

Actually if you look into the "un-Disneyed" original versions of many fairy tales you might be taken rather aback by how dark they really were.

If I'm not mistaken not all of them end "happily ever after" like Disney does it either. I seem to remember back when I was in elementary school and Disney's "The Little Mermaid" came out one of our teachers made us watch a version based off the actually Hans Christin Anderson story. "IF" I'm remembering right, and this has been almost 30 years ago so I may be wrong, the mermaid fails and dies at the end.

If I'm not mistaken not all of them end "happily ever after" like Disney does it either. I seem to remember back when I was in elementary school and Disney's "The Little Mermaid" came out one of our teachers made us watch a version based off the actually Hans Christin Anderson story. "IF" I'm remembering right, and this has been almost 30 years ago so I may be wrong, the mermaid fails and dies at the end.

Man, don't even get me started on HCA. I can remember way back reading The Little Match Girl and The Daisy and thinking they must be trying to get us all to commit suicide as kids. That was some really sad ****. (Oscar Wilde's The Happy Prince was no big laugher either)

I have actually enjoyed OUAT for the most part. I did somewhat lose interest during the early part of the season with the Neverland storyline (the whole Peter Pan being the bad guy bugged me).

I jumped back in with when it returned in March and have been enjoying it more as someone said Regina being more on the good side makes it more interesting.

One other thing I'm finding interesting to watch is the interactions between Mary Margaret "Snow" and David "Prince Charming" as Ginnifer Goodwin & Josh Dallas are actually now married and she really is pregnant.

I have actually enjoyed OUAT for the most part. I did somewhat lose interest during the early part of the season with the Neverland storyline (the whole Peter Pan being the bad guy bugged me).

I jumped back in with when it returned in March and have been enjoying it more as someone said Regina being more on the good side makes it more interesting.

One other thing I'm finding interesting to watch is the interactions between Mary Margaret "Snow" and David "Prince Charming" as Ginnifer Goodwin & Josh Dallas are actually now married and she really is pregnant.

I did not know that. Thanks.

Just finished the finale. I think they did a great job with it, and covered all their bases well. Nice little twist on who came back. The new face for next season might be interesting. Not 100% on who it is, there are 2 choices that would fit, but I think I know where they are going.

Reactions: 1 person
Just finished the finale. I think they did a great job with it, and covered all their bases well. Nice little twist on who came back. The new face for next season might be interesting. Not 100% on who it is, there are 2 choices that would fit, but I think I know where they are going.

With who came back they are wasting no time in cashing in $$$! :eek:hmy:

My one complaint they couldn't have found a better looking Marian?

No arguments there, they could have done better. I think next season is gonna have some fireworks, and a chill in the air.

With who came back they are wasting no time in cashing in $$$! :eek:hmy:

It's the same company. Disney>ABC

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PPw2XrYYLI[/youtube]

"The producers say it was their own idea to bring the Frozen character on the show, not a mandate from ABC parent company Disney. “We are honored to be allowed to do it. We loved the movie. We fell in love with it when it came out last year like everyone did, and we want to do our best to do it justice,” says Horowitz."

"Horowitz says Disney’s input over the character’s portrayal on the show is no different than Snow White, noting, “...it’s just a hundred year difference. Our scripts and our ideas get vetted by the studio and the network and Disney’s brand management people, and I’m sure that process will continue.”
Elsa from Frozen Makes Her Debut on Once Upon a Time - IGN

They can't compromise her character so she'll end up being good. Suppose her powers could cause havoc though. :)

They are also talking about bringing Merida from Brave into the show.
Which smoking hot redhead could they cast to play her part?

They are also talking about bringing Merida from Brave into the show.
Which smoking hot redhead could they cast to play her part?[/QUOTE]

Karen Gillan

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back