CagleMtnVol

American Horror Story: Freak Show

american-horror-story-season-4-title-revealed

Date: October 2014

Network: FX

American Horror Story' Season 4 Title Has Officially Been Revealed

American Horror Story' Season 4 Title Has Officially Been Revealed
Get ready for a FREAK SHOW!

We heard rumblings of the premise of "American Horror Story" Season 4 last week when one of the show's writers admitted to the carnival-themed rumors. But now all the speculations have come true.

Ryan Murphy tweeted on Monday, March 24, a photo of the new season's subtitle: "American Horror Story: Freak Show." The carnival-circus theme is actually happening, as many fans had hoped, and we're so excited we're about to have screaming and crying fit.
Thus far the only confirmed returning cast member for "American Horror Story" is Jessica Lange, who says this is likely her final season. Murphy said this season is set in the 1950s, and that Lange is working on her German accent.

No other key details of "American Horror Story: Freak Show" have been released, but chances are that will change soon. The "American Horror Story: Coven" cast will take to the PaleyFest stage on Friday, March 28, and Murphy will likely reveal some new teases of Season 4 then.

"American Horror Story: Freak Show" will premiere on FX in October 2014.

Last edited:
MORE NEWS!!

'American Horror Story: Freak Show': Who's in? Where is it set? New season 4 details -- Exclusive

'American Horror Story: Freak Show': Who's in? Where is it set? New season 4 details -- Exclusive

Fans have been hoping that the new season of American Horror Story would be set at a carnival, and they’re not soooo far off. Co-creator Ryan Murphy announced via his Twitter account that season 4 will be called Freak Show. But what does that mean exactly? EW has uncovered exclusive new details about the secretive season.

Set in Jupiter, Florida, in 1950, Freak Show finds Jessica Lange playing a German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S. Her group of “unusuals”? Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy all play performers whom Lange’s character has rescued; Denis O’Hare and Emma Roberts are also in talks to return. Freak Show’s 13 episodes will track this group as they do anything to keep their business around.

Sounds like it has potential to be better than last year...lord I hope it's better than last year.

Read yesterday that Michael Chiklis would be joining the cast as Kathy Bates husband. Solid get. He was great in The Shield.

Reactions: 1 person
Read yesterday that Michael Chiklis would be joining the cast as Kathy Bates husband. Solid get. He was great in The Shield.

'American Horror Story' Enlists Michael Chiklis for 'Freak Show'

'American Horror Story' Enlists Michael Chiklis for 'Freak Show'
The cast and creators of the FX anthology shared highlights from "Coven" and previewed season four during Friday's final night of PaleyFest. Also returning for season four are Gabourey Sidibe and Jamie Brewer

The cast and creators of FX's American Horror Story returned to the PaleyFest stage Friday with another special announcement: Michael Chiklis is joining the season four cast.

The Emmy and Golden Globe winner will return to FX six years after The Shield ended its run and co-star in American Horror Story: Freak Show, creators announced Friday night at PaleyFest, where the actor made a surprise appearance.

Season four of the FX anthology will be set in Jupiter, Fla., in 1950 and will again star Jessica Lange. This time, the Emmy winner will portray a German expat managing one of the last remaining freak shows in the country.

Returning cast members include Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Frances Conroy and Kathy Bates -- who also made a surprise appearance on Friday's panel. They'll play performers that Lange's character has rescued. Denis O'Hare and Emma Roberts are also in talks to return for season four of the series, which reboots itself every season with a completely new story and often features largely the same cast of repertory players. Chiklis will be making his AHS debut. Chiklis' casting announcement comes a year after the AHS gang used the PaleyFest stage to announce its recently concluded third season would carry the Coven subtitle.

The panel was high on laughs as the cast and producers reminisced about Coven and their New Orleans experience, but was low on new details about Freak Show as producers typically keep plot details under wraps. Chiklis will be playing the father to Peters' character and ex-husband to Bates' character. Showrunner Ryan Murphy also revealed that everyone on the PaleyFest stage would be returning in season four in "some capacity" including Gabourey Sidibe and Jamie Brewer. Other panelists Friday included Paulson, Roberts, Peters, Bassett, Conroy, O'Hare and Bates as well as producers Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Tim Minear and Dante DiLoreto. Star Lange -- and fan favorite Lily Rabe -- were not in attendance. (Lange was on spring break with her grandchildren and Rabe was in production and unable to attend.)

"My heart was pounding like it is right now. It is a Freak Show, oh man!" Chiklis said from the stage after Murphy announced his casting and the actor surprised the audience and took a seat on the panel. Murphy revealed that he'd long pursued Chiklis for AHS and noted that there will be some members of the season one and two casts that return for Freak Show.

The new season will film for the second year in New Orleans but be set in Florida.

For Chiklis, the role marks his latest TV gig following CBS' Vegas and ABC's No Ordinary Family, both of which were canceled after one season. His seven-season role on Shawn Ryan's The Shield earned him two Emmy noms for best actor (and one win) as well as three Golden Globe mentions (and one win). The actor -- whose film credits include the Fantastic Four features -- received multiple pilot offers this season.

Any good

And give me your top 3 disturbing/horror/thriller films

Something came up, just now watching it.

I can't name just 3, here's a few of the most disturbing movies I've seen.

Baise Moi-French film

Antichrist-I'm still not sure wtf happened. Idk a lot of people that have seen this, if you like disturbing films this is a must. Probably the most disturbing one I've watched.

Human Centipede- I've heard two was more f'd up though.

Eraserhead-cult classic

I Spit On Your Grave- The rape scene is just brutal to watch

Deadgirl-where weird and disturbing get mixed together

Teeth- my manhood found this very disturbing

Hostel/Turistas-the fact that this really happens to people makes it disturbing.

Not horror/thriller really but

Requiem For a Dream-should be required viewing for drugs addicts

Kids-just why?

Clockwork Orange-all time great movie

Edit: Vulgar is pretty disturbing too

Last edited:
Have you seen Zero Theorum?

I've seen a few on that list but not all. The antichrist movie intrigues me the most

Have you seen Zero Theorum?

I've seen a few on that list but not all. The antichrist movie intrigues me the most

No I have not. What's it about?

Antichrist is definitely different, if you like odd stuff I highly recommend it. Warning though it basically just stars Willem Dafoe and some chick. One scene in it is really rough to watch.

No I have not. What's it about?

Antichrist is definitely different, if you like odd stuff I highly recommend it. Warning though it basically just stars Willem Dafoe and some chick. One scene in it is really rough to watch.

Terry Gilliam flick, I liked Brazil better

'‘American Horror Story: Freak Show’ Sets FX Ratings Records, Lands Season 5 Pickup

'American Horror Story' Renewed for Season Five by FX; 'Freak Show' Premiere Most Watched Telecast in Network's History

American Horror Story: Freak Show broke all FX records with last Wednesday’s debut and the network, not surprisingly, this morning announced a 13-episode fifth-season pickup for the miniseries from Ryan Murphy, to debut one year from now.

With Live+3 viewing factored in, the season premiere debut (10 million viewers, 6.54 million demo viewers, 4.08 million adults 18-34) and encore runs clocked 13.36 million viewers – 8.6 million demo viewers and 5.25 million in the younger age bracket. That makes it the most-watched single program in FX’s 20-year history — and that includes all programs with Live+7 deliveries.

The network’s previous record holder had been the recent seventh and final season premiere telecast of Sons Of Anarchy on September 9 (9.25 million total viewers and 6.1 million demo viewers). American Horror Story: Coven held all previous records in delivery of adults 18-34.

“The American Horror Story anthology has had the highest growth trajectory of any show in FX history, not to mention an unprecedented track record of success in awards recognition,” John Landgraf, CEO of FX Networks and FX Productions, said in today’s pickup announcement.

“With Nip/Tuck, Glee, The Normal Heart, and American Horror Story, Ryan Murphy has established himself as one of the most successful and prolific producers of this generation. We expect AHS: Freak Show and the next incarnation of AHS to further his legacy.”

The premiere ratings for American Horror Story: Freak Show topped the premiere episode of last year’s third installment of the franchise, American Horror Story: Coven, by 38% in total viewers (10 million vs. 7.27 million), 29% in the demo (6.54 million vs. 5.07 million), and 40% in adults 18-34 (4.08 million vs. 2.92 million).

Since its launch in 2011, compared with the average of its full first installment, American Horror Story: Murder House, the franchise has grown 148% in total viewers (4.03 million), 119% in the demo (2.98 million) and 127% in adults 18-34 (1.79 million).

Last week, when Live+Same Day stats came out, we reported folks still like going to the carny – at least if it’s on cable. With a bearded lady played by Kathy Bates, a two-head killer, a David Bowie tune performed by Jessica Lange and a crazed clown among its offerings, the premiere drew 6.127 million viewers and a 3.1 rating among adults 18-49.

I wasn't really blown away by the premier. I still think the first season was far and away the best one and don't really see that changing with this one.

I've always been a big fan of this series. Every season I have found something in it that I have liked. The show is deliciously trashy and few other shows can make me laugh, make me disturbed, and make me creeped out all at the same time like AHS can.

However this season may prove to be the most challenging for me to watch. I absolutely despise freak shows/oddity attractions. They weird me out and I happen to think it's one of the lowest forms of exploitation on the planet. Also, I'm not a big fan of clowns and the one in the first episode was terrifyingly wicked!

Last edited:
So this is a real news article!

Professional clowns accuse ‘American Horror Story’ of promoting ‘clown fear’

Professional clowns accuse ‘American Horror Story’ of promoting ‘clown fear’

The country’s biggest clown club is accusing the hit FX television drama “American Horror Story” of giving clowns a bad name and promoting “clown fear” in it’s new series that centers on a killer costumed character that stalks couples with scissors.

“Hollywood makes money sensationalizing the norm,” Glenn Kohlberger, president of Clowns of America International, told The Hollywood Reporter. “They can take any situation no matter how good or pure and turn it into a nightmare.”

“American Horror Story: Freak Show,” starring Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates, revolves around Twisty the Clown, played by John Carroll Lynch, who terrorizes children and imprisons them in an old school bus.

“We do not support in any way, shape or form any medium that sensationalizes or adds to coulrophobia or ‘clown fear,’ ” said Mr. Kohlberger, whose clown name is Clyde D. Scope, THR reported.

Coulrophobia is a popular fear that pranksters exploit every Halloween. There have been reported sightings in the California cities of Bakersfield, Wasco and Delano of menacing clowns lurking after dark holding weapons like knives and machetes.

“There’s a natural phobia of clowns,” said Sgt. Joe Grubbs of the Bakersfield, California, Police Department, THR reported.

Mr. Kohlberger said he doesn’t understand how something so innocent could be turned into something so evil.

“Clowns to killers,” he lamented. “I choose not to play into any of it. The more attention we give it just gives it more fuel.”

Clowns of America International membership is shrinking, with 2,500 clowns, down from 3,500 in 2004, THR reported.

VN Store

Back