Believe (NBC)

CagleMtnVol

First 2 Intense Minutes from Alfonso Cuarón's BELIEVE

First 2 Intense Minutes from Alfonso Cuarón's BELIEVE

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm9Fut2K910[/youtube]

Alfonso Cuarón recently won Best Director (Gravity) at the Oscars and in case you were wondering what he's doing next, it's a TV show for NBC called Believe. He's developed the series with J.J. Abrams, and this thing looks awesome! The sci-fi series follows a young girl with superpowers and a death row inmate who breaks out of prison and protects her. Cuarón wrote and directed the pilot episode, and today we have the first two intense minutes of the show for you to watch.

"Levitation, telekinesis, the ability to control nature, even predict the future… since she was two years old, Bo has had gifts she could neither fully understand nor control. Raised by a small group known as the “True Believers,” the orphaned girl has been safeguarded from harmful outsiders who would use her forces for personal gain. But now that she is 10, her powers have become stronger, and the threat has grown more dangerous.

With her life and future now in jeopardy, the “Believers” turn to the only person they see fit to be her full-time protector. That is, once they break him out of jail. Tate, a wrongfully imprisoned death row inmate who’s lost his will, is initially reluctant – until he witnesses one of her extraordinary abilities. Bo sees people for who they truly are… and who they may become.

Tate and Bo begin their journey, one in which trust must be earned. Traveling from city to city, every place they stop and everyone they meet will be changed forever. But they’ll have to keep going to stay one step ahead of the sinister forces after Bo’s power… because it will take a miracle to keep them safe forever."

Believe premieres Monday, March 10th on NBC.

I am intrigued by the unique camera and directoral style.

Will keep an eye on this show for the next few episodes...

I wish NBC would let Blacklist play out. To many interruptions (Olympics, now this show) can kill an even good show off.

I am intrigued by the unique camera and directoral style.

Will keep an eye on this show for the next few episodes...

The show was created and first episode was directed by Alfonso Cuarón who just won the Oscar for Best Director for Gravity.

The following episodes will likely be directed by someone else.

It didn't do bad in the ratings despite going against The Bachelor (After The Final Rose)

The Bachelor: After the Final Rose
3.8 (18-49 Rating) 11.00 (Million Viewers live)
Believe
2.7 (18-49 Rating) 10.70 (Million Viewers live)

'Believe' Matches NBC's Second-Highest Non-Sports Rating in its Time Period Since December 2

via press release:

“Believe” (2.7/8 at 10:01 p.m.) matches NBC’s second-highest rating in the time period, excluding Olympics, since Dec. 2, despite last night’s special high-rated competition from “The Bachelor: After the Final Rose.”

“Believe” equals last week’s “Blacklist” rating in the time period and trails only the Feb. 24 “Blacklist” among non-Olympic programs in the slot since Dec. 2.

Versus NBC’s average in the time period last season, “Believe” is up 35% (2.7 vs. 2.0, L+SD, non-sports).

“Believe” is #1 in the hour among ABC, CBS and NBC in men 25-54 and men 18-49 (tie).

Decent show. I'm interested in seeing what else the girl can do with her abilities.

I thought episode one was pretty good for network tv. A couple of goofy things, but overall I liked it. Even a few spoilers in the opener.

Going to be interesting to see how it stacks up on it's regular night. I can't watch it live because of the TWD so I will always be a day late.

*Spoiler*

They really shouldn't have revealed the fact the dude is the girl's father this earlier. Also seriously, no guns? You have a sinister group of assassins after you and you can't use a weapon?

Going to be interesting to see how it stacks up on it's regular night. I can't watch it live because of the TWD so I will always be a day late.

*Spoiler*

They really shouldn't have revealed the fact the dude is the girl's father this earlier. Also seriously, no guns? You have a sinister group of assassins after you and you can't use a weapon?

I wasn't bothered by them telling he was her father. I think it makes even more sense because we didn't really know why they picked him to begin with. Other than him having good fighting skills and intuition they easily could have gotten someone else with the same skills and not some random felon. The intrigue and suspense will be that we know he's her father but he doesn't so we'll all be wondering when he finds out.

Reactions: 1 person
I wasn't bothered by them telling he was her father. I think it makes even more sense because we didn't really know why they picked him to begin with. Other than him having good fighting skills and intuition they easily could have gotten someone else with the same skills and not some random felon. The intrigue and suspense will be that we know he's her father but he doesn't so we'll all be wondering when he finds out.

I'm also curious to found out if he really did commit those crimes and was wrongly framed or not.

So, I like this show but it is easily the replacement for Touch. The parent running around the country with the "gifted" kid, trying to protect them and avoid private companies from finding them while helping random strangers all at the same time.

Not complaining, just making an observation.

So, I like this show but it is easily the replacement for Touch. The parent running around the country with the "gifted" kid, trying to protect them and avoid private companies from finding them while helping random strangers all at the same time.

Not complaining, just making an observation.

I thought Touch started well. The first season was pretty interesting where they would show the connections with random people and all. Then they dropped all that for the second season when they went to the more blah "evil company wants the kids" stuff.

I don't think Believe will last past this season. The ratings started at 10.5 and have dropped to the 5.0 range just 2 episodes later. Not a good sign.

Last edited:
The first episode was pretty good, but the last 2 have completely sucked. I don't think the writers have any idea what direction they want to take the show in. Scenes are too long where they should only last a few moments.

The first episode was pretty good, but the last 2 have completely sucked. I don't think the writers have any idea what direction they want to take the show in. Scenes are too long where they should only last a few moments.

That's usually the problem for sci-fi shows on network TV, they generally don't seem to have a very long term story that's good enough to span more than a season, or in some cases more than a few episodes.

That's usually the problem for sci-fi shows on network TV, they generally don't seem to have a very long term story that's good enough to span more than a season, or in some cases more than a few episodes.

They probably should have made into a TV movie or mini series spanning 4 or 5 episodes. In its current format it just isn't working. The characters aren't interesting and there is zero plot development.

I thought Touch started well. The first season was pretty interesting where they would show the connections with random people and all. Then they dropped all that for the second season when they went to the more blah "evil company wants the kids" stuff.

I don't think Believe will last past this season. The ratings started at 10.5 and have dropped to the 5.0 range just 2 episodes later. Not a good sign.

If you're talking about 10.5 million viewers to 5 million, then that's almost 50% viewership. That's more of a drop than Resurrection.

Rating was 4.81 last night, so while it's a drop, at least it's just a minor drop from last week.

I still don't think the show lasts unless they move it to another night. Might be a good candidate for a Friday night slot if Dracula or Hannibal don't make it.

Another drop to 4.25 for Sunday's episode. I think it's likely toast but it will be for sure done if it dips below 4.0.

This show could have been so much better if done differently.

The annoying father character, the not very convincing bad guy, the constantly being on the run. Could have made the kid fully developed in her powers rather than discovering. Probably could have completely ditched the whole idea of her helping people.

Reactions: 1 person
This show was garbage. It's like no one had any idea how to progress the story line and every episode was a filler episode.

VN Store

Back