ABC's Ressurection

gordonr24

Vol in West TN
Show premieres Sunday March 9th on ABC. This show looks like it has potential. The plot is very fascinating. Unfortunately, science fiction drama shows like this never make it, in favor of medical and crime dramas.

I will be checking it out along with Believe on NBC which is created by Alfonso Cuarón (Gravity) and produced by J.J. Abrams

I have mixed feelings about both shows to be honest.

Ressurection looks to be either about alien abductions or clones and Believe seems just as weird. It looks like a cross between Touch and Carrie.

At first I thought this was an American version of the French series The Returned, but turns out this is based on a book. It has a similar plot of The Returned but it's not exactly the same.

Which BTW, if you have Netflix Instant, The Returned is now on it. I watched the first 2 episodes last night and if Resurrection is even close to as good as The Returned has been so far, it should be good. And it is in French but there are subtitles.

Show premieres Sunday March 9th on ABC. This show looks like it has potential. The plot is very fascinating. Unfortunately, science fiction drama shows like this never make it, in favor of medical and crime dramas.

Lost disgrees.

But I agree the proliferation of crime and med dramas is a bit much.

Am definitely excited about this show as well as nbc's believe and Cw's the 100
Hopefully the next few days will prove these shows as interesting as the previews would suggest.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Lost is an exception. I can make countless science fiction shows that didn't make it past a season.

Fringe, Almost Human, Under the Dome, Revolution, Once, Arrow, Smallville, Heroes (returning), SHIELD (already been picked up if Im not mistaken)...

I agree that crime and med dramas dominate but great to decent sci-fi is on almost every network. Thats not even counting Battle Star Galactica, Dr. Who, and The Walking Dead on Cable.

Fringe, Almost Human, Under the Dome, Revolution, Once, Arrow, Smallville, Heroes (returning), SHIELD (already been picked up if Im not mistaken)...

I agree that crime and med dramas dominate but great to decent sci-fi is on almost every network. Thats not even counting Battle Star Galactica, Dr. Who, and The Walking Dead on Cable.

Not to mention X-Files was on almost a full decade.

Also Grimm is going pretty well too.

Supernatural has been on since 2005....and still going strong by all accounts I have seen...I am only in season 4 on Netflix...but my wife and I love this show

I prefer Sci-Fi. I just don't see the difference with any of the CSI's, Bones, Numbers, Law and Orders, NCIS, and what not. The same goes for similar medical dramas too.

3 of my fav shows ever were less than 2 seasons.

Invasion
Jericho
FlashForward

COSMOS has this timeslot also. Fortunatly It is on about a dozen channels and repeats at 12:00 A.M.

Looks great and damn original not trying to be another crime drama, family sitcom, etc.

The question is are they the same people when they died?

Does this remind anyone of pushing daisies on abc?
That tv show also involved death and resurrection.

At first I thought this was an American version of the French series The Returned, but turns out this is based on a book. It has a similar plot of The Returned but it's not exactly the same.

Which BTW, if you have Netflix Instant, The Returned is now on it. I watched the first 2 episodes last night and if Resurrection is even close to as good as The Returned has been so far, it should be good. And it is in French but there are subtitles.

OMG Thank you. The Returned is awesome!

I love french cinema and its style anyway...so its really cool.

Saw the pilot it was kickass.

Still unknown how the kid is Alive or was resurrected.
The kid has knowledge of his life with people he talked to before he died so it's like he's another Jason Bourne.
Things happen that test our faith since the kid was supposedly dead for more 30 years undeniably this is one of those situations.
Called jaw dropping, A plus, a break out winner high expectations created with those words.

Ended with a cliffhanger can't wait for the next episode.

Really awesome pilot. I can't really come up with a theory of the boy's return. But I'm hooked.

Omg omg omg omg....

Amazing pilot! I'm hooked!!!!

Hilarious when the doctor had a little zombie panic attack when she couldn't hear a heart beat

Last edited:
Resurrection technology or God.
Those I think are possibilities.

Kid still the same age it's astounding,

I thought the moment when the preacher was talking to his resurrected friend in 8 year old form was just as powerful as the parent and child reunion scene.

It's one of the most intriguing shows that I can ever remember and I'm hooked on Under the Dome right now.

I was leaning towards time travel as a possible explanation but that would weigh heavily on the body of the deceased being gone and it looks like in one of the upcoming episodes a girl see her own dead body.
Guess I'll have to stick to my clone theory for now.

VN Store

Back