NBC - Heroes

CagleMtnVol

HEROES REBORN

This is such a shocker I decided this needs its own thread!

Yep you read that right!!

Never thought I would see or be posting this!!! :jawdrop:

NBC To Bring Back ‘Heroes’ As 13-Episode Event Miniseries In 2015

heroes-reborn-bar.jpg

NBC To Bring Back ‘Heroes’ As 13-Episode Event Miniseries In 2015

On the heels of Fox reviving its iconic drama 24 as an event miniseries, NBC is doing the same with one of its most popular serialized dramas of the past decade, superhero series Heroes. Creator Tim Kring is back shepherding the 13-episode new standalone arc entitled Heroes: Reborn, which will air in 2015.

The original series chronicled the intertwined stories of unrelated ordinary people who discovered they had superhuman abilities and learned they were part of a grand plan that brought them together to change the world. Heroes Reborn will feature a new group of characters, though “we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in,” NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke said. The characters and storylines from Heroes Reborn will be introduced in a digital series prior to the launch of the TV miniseries.

Heroes epitomizes the pitfalls of heavily serialized drama series. It launched in 2006 with a very strong first-season arc, becoming an instant pop culture phenomenon that coined the famous tagline “Save the Cheerleader Save the World.” But it then struggled to maintain the momentum and reinvent itself, ending its run after four seasons. Nevertheless, Heroes quickly earned a cult status, with fans still passionate about it and rallying to bring it back. Universal TV, which produced Heroes, had been exploring ways of doing another Heroes chapter elsewhere, with Microsoft’s Xbox at one point entering discussions with Kring and the studio for a new season that didn’t come to fruition. Maybe encouraged by the great reaction fans of 24 have had to the reboot of that cult series as an event mini, NBC opted to step in and take in the project as a miniseries. “The enormous impact Heroes had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” Salke said. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. The network made the Heroes Reborn announcement during its Olympics coverage tonight with the following promo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXUjpHHfTLY[/youtube]

Last edited:
I loved the first season of this when it came along in the fall of 2006. i think pretty much everyone thought it would be the closest thing we would ever see on either the big or small screen to the Justice League, Avengers or a weekly X-Men series in live action.

I lost interest however in Season three and I don't think I even saw a episode of season 4!

Heroes was one of the shows that was a victim of the writers strike that was going on back when it was aired. First two seasons were really good and had lots of potential and then you could see the obvious lack of creative writing being put into it.

Reactions: 1 person
Heroes was one of the shows that was a victim of the writers strike that was going on back when it was aired. First two seasons were really good and had lots of potential and then you could see the obvious lack of creative writing being put into it.

I sort of agree; the second season was definitely screwed up by the strike, however even considering that I think it still wasn't great. Season 3 was bad and Season 4 was embarrassingly awful.

I think it's kind of clear they had no idea it would be as popular as it was in Season 1 (which honestly I think is close to perfect for a prime time sci-fi show as it gets), and they really had no idea where to take the show after that. The storylines for Season 2 on just got crazier and crazier, not to mention dumber and dumber.

To me the worst things they did was mess so much with the Sylar stuff (he's good for a while, he's back to evil, he's back to good, he's obsessed with getting Claire to admit.....something) and when they took away Peter's powers. To me Peter and Sylar were perfect adversaries. Both could take others' powers and all that but when they made Peter lame by only having one power at once, it just ruined his character.

I was so shocked that over looked that this is basically a reboot to the series with new characters.

This however will only make us Firefly folks even more vocal! :)

I was so shocked that over looked that this is basically a reboot to the series with new characters.

This however will only make us Firefly folks even more vocal! :)

It'd be hard to pull Fillion away from Castle though, that and he'd have to hit the gym to get back into the Mal character.

I loved this show when it first came out. By the end, I was barely watching. The carnival storyline seemed like something you'd see on a daytime soap opera.

I only made it half way through the first season. Im a comic book nerd (Batman: The Long Halloween artist Tim Sale did the art in the show) but it just didn't hold my attention.

I think it's kind of clear they had no idea it would be as popular as it was in Season 1 (which honestly I think is close to perfect for a prime time sci-fi show as it gets), and they really had no idea where to take the show after that. The storylines for Season 2 on just got crazier and crazier, not to mention dumber and dumber.

I think that can be said for many franchise stories. Stan Lee and Steve Ditko had no idea where they were going with Spider-Man when they debuted the character. They couldnt even agree on the Green Goblin's identity 39 issues in (25 issues after the character was introduced).

I dont care what George Lucas says, its painfully obvious he did not have Star Wars planned out past/before A New Hope.

Even Robert Kirkman admitted he wasnt sure where The Walking Dead was going after the first story line. (Partly becsuse he wasn't sure he would get the first 6 issues published).

So are Claire and HRG still buried in that trailer?

I'm going to guess since they are calling it a "stand alone arc" that it's unlikely we'll see any main characters from the old series. I definitely don't expect to see characters like Claire or Sylar since those actors have moved on to other successful roles, other than possibly cameos.

Other main characters like HRG and Matt Parkman might be back since neither of those actors have moved on to anything bigger.

I'm going to guess since they are calling it a "stand alone arc" that it's unlikely we'll see any main characters from the old series. I definitely don't expect to see characters like Claire or Sylar since those actors have moved on to other successful roles, other than possibly cameos.

Other main characters like HRG and Matt Parkman might be back since neither of those actors have moved on to anything bigger.

HRG was the gay state senator on the Office. I'd call that a bigger role =)

Parkman was in something else, but I don't recall what it was.

It'd be hard to pull Fillion away from Castle though, that and he'd have to hit the gym to get back into the Mal character.

I'm convinced the developers of the Uncharted game series used Fillion as a mold for Nathan Drake

I'm convinced the developers of the Uncharted game series used Fillion as a mold for Nathan Drake

I'm not sure but I think I read they openly stated Fillion was. In fact there was an Uncharted movie project floating around that Fillion was set to star in. He was even at one time getting back in better shape to play the role. I think it's currently in development hell.

HRG is back!!!

‘Heroes’ Alum Jack Coleman Set For NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn’ Miniseries

‘Heroes’ Alum Jack Coleman Set For NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn’ Miniseries

EXCLUSIVE: HRG is back! Jack Coleman has become the first Heroes co-star to sign on for Heroes Reborn, NBC’s upcoming 13-episode miniseries that reboots the popular 2006 superhero drama series. Heroes Reborn, from Heroes creator Tim Kring, will replicate the basic elements of the show’s first season in which ordinary people were waking up to the fact that they had extraordinary abilities, though the producers are keeping details on the plot under wraps. But I have learned that Coleman will reprise his character as Noah Bennett aka HRG, or the Man in the Horn-Rimmed Glasses, a nickname given to him by fans before the character’s real name was revealed. HRG, a former agent with the Company and father to cheerleader Claire Bennett (Hayden Panettiere), started off as a recurring but quickly became a fan favorite, with Coleman promoted to regular midway through Season 1.

At the NBC upfront last month, NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt indicated that “some of the familiar faces from the show are bound to drop in” on Heroes Reborn. I hear that a handful of the original stars have been approached so far, with Zachary Quinto aka Sylar and Milo Ventimiglia aka Peter, said to not be available for now. Coleman, repped by Domain and manager Steven Levy, has done arcs on ABC’s Scandal, USA’s Burn Notice and NBC’s The Office and continues to recur on Castle.

I'm not sure but I think I read they openly stated Fillion was. In fact there was an Uncharted movie project floating around that Fillion was set to star in. He was even at one time getting back in better shape to play the role. I think it's currently in development hell.

It's been handed to Director Seth Gordon now.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - IMDb

Comments: Film is now in preproduction and starts filming soon .
Updated: 7 June 2014

Reactions: 1 person
ZACHARY LEVI To Headline HEROES REBORN

ZACHARY LEVI To Headline HEROES REBORN

NBC has drafted in a different kind of hero for this year's revival of the Heroes television series. TVLine reports that Zachary Levi (Chuck, Thor: The Dark World) has been cast in a "key" role in the forthcoming 13-episode minseries Heroes Reborn.

“There are a few franchises I’ve always wanted to be a part of, and Heroes is one of them,” Levi said to TVLine. “Chuck gave me the opportunity to wield some fun powers, but an entire world with superpowers is a world I’ve always wanted to explore."

Levi is only the second castmember confirmed for Heroes Reborn, after Jack Coleman was announced as reprising his role from the original Heroes several months ago.

During the recent Television Critics Assocation winter press tour, NBC President Robert Greenblatt said the complete Heroes Reborn cast would be announced in the coming weeks.

Loved Chuck and I really like Zachary Levi! That sparks my interest even more. Would love it if they let him be a protagonist rather than an antagonist.

Chuck was one of my favorites, Sarah was great!

Heroes Reborn: The Aurora

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6zVQXpUe_0[/youtube]

VN Store

Back