The Night That Changed America: A GRAMMY Salute to The Beatles

Burhead

God-Emperor of Politics
So anyone planning on watching? As a Beatlemanic I can't wait! I can't believe it's been 50 years since to the day that four guys from Liverpool came to America and changed music forever. So John, Paul, George, and Ringo, as a music fan, thank you for playing and writing the music that changed the world :hi: :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
I called my brother in law ---huge Beatles fan, reminded him the Billy Shears and Ringo would be on TV. He got pissed about the PID conspiracy. lol

I still remember where I was when they came on the old TV at my aunt/uncle's house. I was 10. Best band ever. Still love their music and was thrilled when i-Tunes got access to all of it. This special has been - special.

The tributes by the artists have been fantastic. This is a big deal. I hope the younger artists will take a clue from this.

Last edited:
Good show so far as long as they keep Kanye off the stage.

The Something performance has stolen the show so far. Also don't you hate it when artists change the lyrics of a song?

The Something performance has stolen the show so far. Also don't you hate it when artists change the lyrics of a song?

I must've missed it.

Yoko doesn't look happy about something.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Imagine Dragons performance.

How did Yoko's invite not get lost in the mail? For reference, I'm 31 and love the Beatles, that was a great show.

Had no idea this was on. What channel? Is there going to be a relpay?

How did Yoko's invite not get lost in the mail? For reference, I'm 31 and love the Beatles, that was a great show.

I laughed. I have probably been trying to figure out what John was thinking when it came to her for longer than you have been alive. lulz.

The beauty in most of their arrangements is incredible. The way they wove the instrumentation throughout each was just so great, words became secondary to the sound. Loved it then and love it now.

I like some of the Beatles' stuff, but sometimes I wonder if proclaiming them the "Greatest of all Time" is just the popular thing to do.

Reactions: 1 person
Bump.

We have U-verse and it appears an encore is on tonight on CBS at 8:30 PM.

Bump.

If you haven't seen it I would suggest tuning in. Really loved the performances of Stevie Wonder and the song Something.

Bump.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately that is right when we are putting the kids to bed.

Edit: just checked local listing and it is not airing here.

Last edited:
Loved watching Joe Walsh do his thang. Loved watching Paul & Ringo do their's as well. Those two have not missed a beat in 50 + years.

I like some of the Beatles' stuff, but sometimes I wonder if proclaiming them the "Greatest of all Time" is just the popular thing to do.

Considering every band who has come along in the past half century was somehow influenced by the Beatles I'd say there is no doubt.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back